I have planter fasciitis in both feet

Options
I don't know if it is because of my weight or not but I am wondering if anyone has lost a bunch of weight and had it get better? I would love to be able to wear heels again when I have some sexy legs to show off!

Replies

• jdinshreve
    Options
    I've had it in both feet and am not overweight. I'm a runner and have had it twice in the left foot. Last time I had it about a year and a half ago, I had it mildly in the right foot. :smile:
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My feet were horrible, planter fascitis in both feet along with some other issues. It was so bad that last thanksgiving i could hardly stand to cook the meal! About a year and a half ago I had some shots (4 in each heel) at the doctors. That was painful. Anyhow, since I have lost weight my feet have not hurt ONCE, not once. I am running now! It is amazing to feel so much better. The pain use to run up into my knees and my knees would give out while at the grocery store! I went to a good shoe store and had the man help me find the right shoes my problem as well. I now wear Asics and love them.
  • zensugi
    Options
    It will get better with rest and, perhaps, most appropriate shoes. I would avoid high heels if you have this problem, I'm sure you will be able to show off your legs with other shoes.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This. It can get better. Get some insoles and stretch, stretch, stretch (calves and feet)!
  • Ronda73
    Ronda73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had it several years at when I worked retail 50-60 hours a week on my feet on hard floors.
    Stretch, wear proper shoes, and ice! I would roll my feet over frozen water bottles. It felt great after a long day.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I don't think I had planter fasciitis, but 33 pounds ago I was having pain in my feet at night and shin splints. Now, 30 pounds later, I have no pain in my feet and no shin splints. The only thing that I changed was to eat at a calorie deficit, which caused me to lose weight.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had it in both feet after my pregnancy. It went away on its own after about a year.
  • Charalena1982
    Options
    I had this in both feet as well for around 18mths, after an unrelated surgery that forced me to sleep on the couch with my feet up it went away. Sometimes i still get some pain but i just elevate my feet higher then what i'm laying and it goes away again...