It was me....I ate all the pies!

Options
Hi all,

Yes that's right, it was me....I've been a human vacuum cleaner for the past 12 months eating my way through the year and now it's time to STOP!

I put on weight and lost my fitness after I stopped running earlier this year. We had a sudden death in our family and I lost my motivation but now it's time to get back on that horse and get back into shape!

Oh....I also turned 40 this year.....eeek!

So I really welcome anyone who wants to join me on this journey to get back into shape and to feel more healthy and focused.

Thanks and I wish you all the best for what ever goals you're trying to achieve!

Jenny

Replies

• newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny,

Your topic title made me laugh. Sounds like you've been where I've been. Don't know how many times I heard " who ate all the cookies". Of course it was me!

Kim:laugh:
  • jennycully
    jennycully Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim, nice to know I'm not alone :bigsmile:
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Mmm pies!!

It's so easy to get into a rut. Well done for making a u-turn now...took me 5 yrs and a lot more kilos to come to my senses. Feel free to friend me.
  • slimintraining
    slimintraining Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well if you ate all the pies I ate the cake!
    Time to get a grip, I turn 40 in February 2015 and I have spent all of my 30s fat and fed up so now its time for a change.
    Feel free to add me.
  • Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is inspiring to see people turn around, rise above or overcome life's obstacles.

Thanks
  • jennycully
    Options
    Thanks for the messages, very motivating to read these :tongue:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Good, I hate pie. Except apple crumb. And pumpkin. And pecan.

Damn it. Why'd you eat my pies?!
  • njungers
    njungers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny! Kudos to you for wanting to get back on track, and happy belated bday! I, too, would love the extra motivation and inspiration from others, so would love to cheer you on along your way!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome to where the cool kids hang!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I ate all the everything while on vacation for a month. I'm glad you took the pies. I don't think I could eat anything else.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty skilled at pie eating myself. :tongue:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny. I turned 40 in June, so I know what a kick in the pants that number can be. :) Feel free to add me. Oh, and I clicked on the post because I just ate half the cheesecake! I figured we were kindred spirits.
  • jennycully
    Options
    Again thanks guys & gals, so nice to know I have some kindred spirits out there :happy:
    Also glad to know that although I ate all the pies that others ate the cakes, cookies and the other tasty stuff....thanks!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say pies???
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.... Pastries!!
  • Never2Bz
    Never2Bz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It was me....I ate all the chocolates!

If you think turning 40 is a 'kick in the pants', wait until you turn 60!

Take out your pad and pencil and take notes... you lose muscle as you age... if you don't get in shape and spend time staying that way you will be disappointed in yourself later on. You can't turn the clock back either. Time takes it's toll... your skin starts to sag on your thighs, your upper arms, your neck, your midriff, and even your eyelids (really)! And some of your areas become 'jellyfied'.

Glad you reached out to people for support... sometimes your MFP buddies can be the only people who understand what you're going through ...

Some day you'll write "It was me who passed up the pie ... and I lived to tell about it".

Good Luck!

N2BZ
  • tegalicious
    Options
    As long as you saved one for me cause I have an entire pie planned for my birthday!
  • toomanydogs99
    toomanydogs99 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great thread title, now I have the song stuck in my head!
  • MandysChange
    MandysChange Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to your post. I have always been the ones to eat everything that was in sight. When I started this journey to a better health on 9/1/13 I was 430 lbs, 5'7", 36 and couldn't hardly move. Now I am 403 lbs and in the gym five days a week and feeling amazing. I would love to have friends who are improving their health also to give each other support along the way. Feel Free to friend me if you are still looking for friends. :smile:
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    just baked a Kentucky Bourbon pie! Going to go workout now so I can be the one saying I ate the pie today!!