Todays the day!

Options
Hi! I'm Kristin
Its funny to think about it, I've been working with myfitnesspal since august... and I'm proud to say I've lost 23 lbs of my 75 lb goal... almost a third of the way there! I quite often go online and look at all the success stories and it makes me so happy to see as I've always been on the heavier side my entire life. But I never really used what was right in front of me... the message boards of myfitnesspal. Today I started reading and I couldn't believe the support I saw... People just like me who had decided to make the change. I laughed when I realised that a lot of the comments I've read are things that have crossed my mind. The frustration... the happiness... all of it! Seeing that people have used myfittnesspal to loose +100lbs. Its incredible! I used to be a cook.... and I admit I just love food. That can tend to make weight loss a tough run. But when I changed careers and became a Paramedic.... It was certainty an eye opener to see the effects of being over weight. It put me into quite a slump and I couldn't seem to make a choice between happiness and staying in that slump. In less than a year I had gained 40 lbs. I felt... to put in plain... gross. I had no energy all I wanted to do was stay in and sit on the couch and munch. It was a horrible feeling and I have no idea what changed but in August I decided that's it I'm done! and... I haven't looked back since. I'm almost back to my normal weight 155lbs... even though according to the BMI I'm not were I should be due to the fact I'm only 5'2... I feel amazing. It just makes me want to keep going! I admit I have a little bit of scale OCD... I'm on it at least once a day. But I've learnt that even when I get on and its only half a pound that I've lost... I celebrate. I jump up and down with a great big smile on my face and I just want to scream. It makes me sound like I'm crazy I know. 75 lbs is a big goal for me though... and to know I'm half a pound closer just makes me happy. So todays the day I start using what is right in front of me ... you lovely people of myfitnesspal!

Replies

• tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Kristin,

I am fairly new here, but I big part of the reason I came was for the support. Glad to see you have decided to use that support and motivation also.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you think we can help encourage each other. I 100 lbs I need to lose and so far I have lost 10, so I will be here for a while and I check in everyday, to hold myself accountable.

Tammy
  • slimintraining
    slimintraining Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, I admit to lurking around the boards a hell of a lot more than I post gut I notice that I always feel so much more motivated and supported when I do respond to posts or when I post a topic of my own.
    I used to have scale ocd too, I lost close to 50lbs got ill and just watched tge weight increase every time I got on them. So now I weigh once a week and take photos once a month. It's hard to stay away from them and I have been known to tell my husband to take them to work with him!
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • njungers
    njungers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Today is my first day on MFP and so far I love it!! So excited to start this journey and love reading all the inspirational posts for other people in the same boat as me. Would love to chat and help motivate each other!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far!!!
  • khhowe1
    khhowe1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you so much!
    its always unnerving that first post but so happy to share with all of you :)
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome, good for you! I also joined in Aug. and have only just discovered the community. Sounds like you are on a roll, I feel the same way! Finally had enough of being overweight, looking bad and feeling heavy. I've dropped 30 lbs. so far (had lost some prior to Aug.) MFP kicked me into high gear when I saw how quickly the calories added up and how slowly they were burned in the gym. I've made may dietary changes that have made a difference.

P.S. I am so new on this thing I don't even know how to add people as friends of what that means!