I need an extreme makeover!

Options
I really do! But without going on a television show ..... :)

I started off and did lose weight here and I felt better - like I could do more. Then life got tough and suddenly making time for myself was put off and then missed out completely .... excuses, excuses, but basically I gave up on myself and didn't see myself as worth the time or effort.

I went completely off track and I HATE how that has left me feeling. Eating badly, not exercising, drinking fizzy pop .... I feel sluggish and fat and I have undone all the progress that I made.

So I have a plan - make time for myself and get healthy! I (finally!!) figured out that the healthier I am the more I can give to others. Rather than giving those I care about a half hearted version of myself!

Any way .... I am 27, 5'2, and I weigh 190. I am committed and am starting on 24th November - my birthday is in June and I want to have made a whole lot of progress by then!

I would love some friends with similar goals so we can all motive each other! x

Replies

• Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I totally understand that! It can be so easy to get caught up with life's craziness and back into that unhealthy routine again. I'm 5'5 and currently 172, but I honestly still feel like I'm 190 (and on some days, still 250..) so lately I've been sort of ignoring the scale and working on super awesome workouts/clean(ish) eating instead. Feel free to add me and best of luck on your journey! :)
  • jbonifacio731
    Options
    It's so important to have a goal, I think it's the ultimate motivation. Some may not say deadlines for losing weight can be detrimental, but I feel they help me. No matter if you reach your goal by your b-day, remember how much progress you HAVE made and celebrate that!
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I need a whole body transformation, inside and out. I've found the more weight I put on, the less I love myself. I'd love to be friends and we could keep each other motivated! I'm 23, 5'7ish and 256 so I've got a lot more weight to loose, at least a hundred lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know how you feel, I've gone off track SEVERAL times. I am not sure why I do it, because every time I feel like crap! Mind over matter ;) I am hoping to lose around 30 lbs, which would make me at my lowest weight ever. It's going to be a challenge but I am getting into the swing of things! I love your plan, by the way :) Feel free to add me, I am pretty interactive!
  • SnglBug
    SnglBug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I feel as though I am constantly struggling to find the time and motivation to get healthy (which is extremely hard to do with a husband, two kids, work and school). I look back at pictures of myself when my husband and I met seven years ago, I was 115 pounds and thought I could stand to lose a few back then (lol). I am now 174 pounds which is 14 pounds heavier than I was when I had my son 6 YEARS AGO! Sometimes I am ok with my body, sometimes I'm sad and sometimes I am downright angry with myself and with my husband for being able to eat anything he wants to and maintaining his thin physique while telling me I'm still beautiful anyway. I am 5'2, 27 years old and am trying to reach a weight of 120/125 (starting at 182). If you would like to add me, please feel free as I could definitely do with having to hold myself accountable to others as well! :wink:
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have found that you just have to make yourself do it. For instance, I hate exercise, but it's like cleaning the toilet, I don't want to do it, it just has to be done. It's changed my view of this whole process.
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am trying to view exercise time as an essential rather than something that gets put to the bottom of the list. Same with food preparation and planning what to eat. x