Healthy options for pancake toppings?

Options
niknokd
niknokd Posts: 127 Member
I have an awesome recipe for greek yogurt pancakes but I need a topping other than maple syrup. I love syrup but it's too high calorie for my liking. In the past I've microwaved a bowl of blueberries and used that as a topping but I don't have any at the moment.

What lower calorie options do you have for things like pancakes, french toast, or waffles?

Replies

• piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I use the raspberry jam from here

http://www.joknal.co.nz/jamspred.htm

Mostly because I'm diabetic though. Maybe you can get something similar where you are?
  • Syntiah1
    Options
    I like to make a "syrup" from frozen berries and a little bit of water. I just heat them up then mash them. I think it's delicious and it's not bad for you! :-)
  • BrittBrat1787
    BrittBrat1787 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Fruit, jam, peanut butter, almond butter, applesauce, a little butter with cinnamon, Nutella, yogurt....
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Banana (usually I'll do half of one) sliced thinly with either cinnamon, vanilla extract, and honey or coconut milk, vanilla extract, and PB2 that you let sizzle on the stove for just a couple of minutes!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I like apple butter on pancakes and waffles.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    -Nuts
    -Sugar free syrups
    -Greek yogurt/ yogurt
    -Peanut butter/ PB2
    -Honey/agava
    -Sometimes if my pancakes come out dry I mix vanilla,splenda ,water together and my pancakes absorb the liquid all up.
    -Salted date carmel: Soak a 3/4C of dates in just enough boiling water to cover for 3 hours. Blend together with vanilla, and a sprinkling of sea salt.
    -Other sugar free syrups like waldens farm, torani, smuckers
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free maple and low sugar/fat strawberry yogurt
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I started using Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free syrup. It only has 20 calories for each serving (1/4 cup). It doesn't have that sour taste that I've found in other sf syrups. It tastes like normal syrup to me. I also tried Great Value/Walmart sf syrup and it also tastes good.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I once poured fruity applesauce (motts healthy harvest) on my pancakes, it was actually pretty yummy. I was out of my sugarfree maple syrup which I usually use, I don't butter my pancakes either.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    walden farms 0 calorie pancake syrup = my life.