• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Approx. π

Wrong, it is π^3/1/2π^1/2
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    To be honest I was just seeing what I could get away with in terms of looking at past calories. Does anyone know a site that does a graph showing calories each day and weight on the same chart?

I have a schedule of calories each day and weight, but it's specific only for me. It's data I've collected (through MFP) during the past 2+ years. It's what I used/use to calculate my current exercise-excluded TDEE to determine my base maintenance level. This schedule wouldn't be very helpful for anyone but me (and possibly other 42ish year old 6' 170 pound men with an exercise-excluded TDEE of ~2700...but for them to know that, they would have to have similar data for themselves...so why would they use mine?).

ETA: Does someone have a link to that data extractor Excel spreadsheet that was posted recently?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    How long does it take the body to turn food into fat cells? Ie if I overeat on Monday but am constant for the days around it, when would it show up on the scales ? Obviously I've over simplified the timings.

I actually wonder this sometimes...like "if I eat WAY over my calorie limit but exercise it all the next day, I'm fine.... But what if I wait 3 days to work it off...what about a week to exercise it off.. Is it too late to wait 3 weeks to work it off?"

If you really over-ate and nothing more is needed to refill stores or use for repair, and no immediate energy needs (you had a big dinner, watched movies, and then had a big ice cream pig out say), it'll take 2-5 hrs for that to be stored as fat.

If glucose stores topped off and enough protein already floating around, shorter side of range.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why this matters in terms of weight loss. In fact, I guess I just don't understand all the focus on numbers on a scale.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    it depends on if you ate carbs or sugar. those turn into fat immediately.

No they don't, not if you burn them off first. If I am in the middle of a marathon and eat those gel packs (pretty much sugar and electrolytes) they will not turn into fat, they will get used as energy as your body converts them into a usable format.

She's being sarcastic. :flowerforyou:
  • heybales
    Options
    ETA: Does someone have a link to that data extractor Excel spreadsheet that was posted recently?

MFP extractor and analysis tool can be found here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/EvgeniZyntx/view/mfp-extractor-and-trend-watcher-the-program-post-589839
  • heybales
    Options
    I'm not sure why this matters in terms of weight loss. In fact, I guess I just don't understand all the focus on numbers on a scale.

It doesn't one iota.

Especially since it rarely happens as the question asks for those on a diet anyway. You usually just end up not burning as much fat as you would have otherwise.

Focus on scale is because that's all MFP focuses on, goal, daily reminder when Diary complete, progress ticker, ect.
    Plus the fact it's the easiest data point to get.

But as life usually points out, rarely is easiest the best.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

It doesn't . It matters in my brain's quest for more and more data. I try to divert it with body fat charts and memorizing silly song lyrics, but it keeps asking for more and more data. I think it is planning something evil.
  • heybales
    Options

It doesn't . It matters in my brain's quest for more and more data. I try to divert it with body fat charts and memorizing silly song lyrics, but it keeps asking for more and more data. I think it is planning something evil.

Stop fooling yourself. Go ahead and admit it. You are a numbers geek.

Don't worry, there are many of us, taking this opportunity to make this a hobby with numbers now. Check out the spreadsheet on my profile page, I did it too.
  • 3foldchord
    Options

Stop fooling yourself. Go ahead and admit it. You are a numbers geek.

Don't worry, there are many of us, taking this opportunity to make this a hobby with numbers now. Check out the spreadsheet on my profile page, I did it too.

You may not suggest such a thing if you saw my pitiful math grades in school. I am not good at math, just like to watch. I am not great at Playng chess, but like to watch others play chess. Numerical Voyeurism. Sigh. I need a 12 step program. Or 13 steps if you are into Fibonacci.

I have seems a few MFP spreadsheets. All lovely. "These ponts of data make a beautiful line."

"My name is Kimberly. I quote the Fibonacci sequence to keep time while I plank."
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You are thinking small scale. Step back and look at the overall long term picture. It's not the daily fluctuations you need to worry about it's the long term trend. It would be better to track your weekly calorie intake compared to a weekly weigh in (same day, same time every week).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Amen.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

It doesn't one iota.

Especially since it rarely happens as the question asks for those on a diet anyway. You usually just end up not burning as much fat as you would have otherwise.

Focus on scale is because that's all MFP focuses on, goal, daily reminder when Diary complete, progress ticker, ect.

You're so right. I just sigh every time I see someone start a thread on here complaining about how the scale went up 1 pound over the last 3 days. I just want to scream.
  • 3foldchord
    Options

It doesn't one iota.

You're so right. I just sigh every time I see someone start a thread on here complaining about how the scale went up 1 pound over the last 3 days. I just want to scream.

That isn't what she is asking or saying, I don't think.
  • heybales
    Options

That isn't what she is asking or saying, I don't think.

Oh, we know that, we just got sidetracked, OP was just curious if anything could be done or if it mattered, after too much food.
  • janettebishop940
    Options
    Yes. I was just curious and interested how it works because I've been lucky when I've over eaten (under maintenance, but still losing) and am preparing for going to maintance. Heybales - I don't actually use a computer just an iphone!
  • janettebishop940
    Options
    When I was putting on weight I think I thought it was a longer process. That I'd put weight on over time. But now ithink of it only taking 4 or 5 hours, I think I'll think twice before eating something. Is that the same for others when they were putting on weight. I don't think I gave it much thought.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    13 minutes and 45 seconds
  • janettebishop940
    Options
    Is that how long you thought about it? :)