15 pounds in 3 weeks

Options
Hi everyone!

So I've heard mixed feelings about how much weight is healthy to lose in a week. 2 pounds a week is what I hear. But I've lost 4 pounds in 1 week. I ate veggies, protein, and had one cheat day. I need opinions about if this is possible and healthy. Thanks!

Replies

• alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is a lot for an average human which I think is 5'-9" and male. The first weeks weight loss is largely water and fat loss is a small portion of the total. Wait for a week or 4 and you'll see yourself falling back towards the average loss rate. Good part is that when you feel like you're not losing even though you're eating smart that you're probably are but the loss in obscured by water gain. For me, 6'-2" male, I averaged 1.2 lbs fat lost per week for about 14 months and my water weight fluctuations can be as high ad 6 lbs per day. The fat loss is obscured in a the noise created by my body's water regulation. Nice work though and keep it going.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Hey Amarie. Congratulations on your loss!

However, as Alienrite mentioned, you probably should not expect to see those same results for the next few weeks. The first week normally shows a big loss, as you're ditching the water weight and jumpstarting your body. After that, things will start to slow down. My first couple of weeks, I continued to lose 1.5 pounds a week. Since then, I've slowed dramatically. If I behave myself all week, I normally see about a pound loss. Of course, there are so many factors to consider. No week will be the same as the last, or the next.

Long story short, I don't think 15 pounds in 3 weeks would be a healthy goal, especially once you've fallen back into an average loss pattern. Two a week might be a better goal, though there are some who would disagree. Personally, I enjoy my one pound a week.

Good luck!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    Well done on your success so far. If you are going to do this in a healthy way then you are not going to be able to do the weight loss you want :-( As the others said the first week looks impressive but it slows down after this. If you lose another 4 or 5 you will be a success though so keep it up. Even if you don't make your first goal don't give up, just keep going and you will be able to get to the weight you want very soon :-)
    Good luck