Is there a difference in my belly??

Options
I've been working out for 5 weeks now. Lifting 3x a week and just this week added HIIT cardio 1-2x a week. I have been waiting forever to see changes to my lower abs for it to tighten up so I've been on a calorie defecit.

So here's my pic. It's a two week difference. I think my lower abs got slightly smaller but I'm not sure if it's just me?? I dropped two pounds but so far weight has not budged in a while but my measurements have

http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/chelle21689/media/null_zpse018a710.jpg.html

Replies

• jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, honestly, I don't really see a difference. Sorry.
  • rileyhunter169
    Options
    2 weeks? You gotta be more patient than that.
  • sugamonstaa
    sugamonstaa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wonder what I'm doing wrong then.
  • lilbuddha007
    lilbuddha007 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The biggest way to see changes in your tummy right away are:
    - cut carbs significantly
    - drink lemon water
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    - drink lemon water

No no no no no.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    - drink lemon water

No no no no no.

^ 2nd this. Lemon water and carbs have nothing to do with stomach fat. Nothing you eat or drink will help (medical issues aside).

OP, you're not doing anything wrong. Continue to eat at s deficit and give it time. Stomach is often the last place people lose from. I'm one of them. Fat is predisposed to come off wherever it feels like. Patience ♡
  • sugamonstaa
    Options
    My stomach feels so much flatter and my performance is doing better and better. Why am I not losing any weight? I think I just lost water weight then if it was only 2 pounds and I haven't seen a change in two weeks. I just saw a measurement change of an inch but I think that could be water weight also.

I decreased my defecit more and added cardio, I should be losing weight or losing fat >_<
  • numejak
    numejak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Patience, perseverance and positivity. Add those thing to what you are currently doing and repost to this thread in one month or 6 weeks from now and we WILL see a difference!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It's slight, but I think I can see just a wee bit more muscle definition. Mind, it's slight, but keep going! Don't get discouraged.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Nope looks exactly the same.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    At your weight, everything moves at glacial rates. If you're lifting heavy and eating at a deficit, good things will happen but it will take longer than someone who has a lot to lose. I used to find it frustrating but I've got used to it. :o)
  • sugamonstaa
    Options
    Thanks, at what point did you see changes?
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options

fitspo3.jpg

The angle you take your photo makes it more difficult to see change. Take one from the front with non camera arm down and one from the side with non camera arm out in front of you.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I SEE A DIFFERENCE! you can tell by your belly button :)
  • sugamonstaa
    Options
    I've seen this before. I hope you're right! ;) It's been about 5 weeks and I do notice a change MYSELF not my family/friends. but then again it is almost winter and I'm bundled up!

fitspo3.jpg

The angle you take your photo makes it more difficult to see change. Take one from the front with non camera arm down and one from the side with non camera arm out in front of you.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I wonder what I'm doing wrong then.

What you're doing wrong is expecting it to change too quickly.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options

There is a change, you look a little firmer. Keep up the good work!
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    yes there is a difference, your belly button is pulling upwards. Keep working at it!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You definitely need more time, I think you will be able to see real, visible results after a couple of months. Try not to eat too few calories because that wouldn't help you while exercising hard.