Depression

Options
ADietadaM
ADietadaM Posts: 213 Member
Hello,

Depression can mean any lack of nutrients, vitamins and minerales?

Replies

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Fatigue and mood can be influenced by these yes. Depression is a set symptoms over a period of time in a psychological disorder. Which you may or may not have. What's going on in your life right now?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    What the person above me said.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    A little desmotivated and feeling that i will never loose the weight, i will not achieve my goal.
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    A little desmotivated and feeling that i will never loose the weight, i will not achieve my goal.

I think you might be confusing depression with lack of motivation, or being overwhelmed.

Take one day at a time..
  • ADietadaM
    Options

I think you might be confusing depression with lack of motivation, or being overwhelmed.

Take one day at a time..

I feel both, depression about some personal issues and lack of motivation too.
    BTW that picture freak me out. So strange!
  • _SantaClause_
    Options

Take one day at a time..

Get up and go for a walk.
  • ADietadaM
    Options

Take one day at a time..

Not now! 1:50Am here!
    But yes, that normally help.
  • _SantaClause_
    Options

Take one day at a time..

Not now! 1:50Am here!
    But yes, that normally help.

If it helps normally, what makes you think it wont help at 150am?
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I know when I am in a foul mood, I am probably not adequately hydrated. Could be something as simple as that.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Exercise and eating well does amazing things to alleviate depression, whether a normal upset over something going on in your life or clinical. Not clear which you're referring to, but either way it will help. If nothing else it gives you something to do and to focus on and improves your self esteem, but the act of physical exertion and certain qualities of a healthy diet, including healthy fats, do a lot too.

-someone that used to be very depressed and is now pretty much 100% healthy and then some
  • ADietadaM
    Options

The feeling isn't not just today, it almost 2months and a little bit.
  • _SantaClause_
    Options

The feeling isn't not just today, it almost 2months and a little bit.

Maybe you should go see someone about it.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    I know when I am in a foul mood, I am probably not adequately hydrated. Could be something as simple as that.

I think i drink regulary, And i'm always on the bathroom.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    Exercise and eating well does amazing things to alleviate depression, whether a normal upset over something going on in your life or clinical. Not clear which you're referring to, but either way it will help. If nothing else it gives you something to do and to focus on and improves your self esteem, but the act of physical exertion and certain qualities of a healthy diet, including healthy fats, do a lot too.

-someone that used to be very depressed and is now pretty much 100% healthy and then some

Yes exercise and health food is good and increase the happy hormones!
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Depression is often associated often with a vitamin D deficiency. If you google how much vitamin D to take you get varying answers. The answer is often somewhere between 1000 to 4000 IU (big range). Vitamin D is fat soluble so too much daily can mess up your liver, so always good to check with your healthcare provider/doctor person to find out what is right for you. You can get vitamin D from exposure to sunlight, but in the winter with little sun it can be hard. Also if you work all day indoors you probably are not getting enough sunlight exposure for your body to make adequate vitamin D.

Some studies also suggest fish oil and certain omega fatty acids also aid in treating depression.

Moderate exercise is also efficient in treating depression.
  • ADietadaM
    Options
    Depression is often associated often with a vitamin D deficiency. If you google how much vitamin D to take you get varying answers. The answer is often somewhere between 1000 to 4000 IU (big range). Vitamin D is fat soluble so too much daily can mess up your liver, so always good to check with your healthcare provider/doctor person to find out what is right for you. You can get vitamin D from exposure to sunlight, but in the winter with little sun it can be hard. Also if you work all day indoors you probably are not getting enough sunlight exposure for your body to make adequate vitamin D.

Some studies also suggest fish oil and certain omega fatty acids also aid in treating depression.

Moderate exercise is also efficient in treating depression.

Vitamin D i'm totally deficiency on that! I can take months with out put me in direct sun light. Even in summer i don't put me very much on the sun! So that can be a big possibility. Actually i saw some documentaries about that, and did also read a few things.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Santa is right. It could be a motivation issue. But that's different than clinical depression. Talk to your doctor: simple bloodwork can give you a handle on a lot including vitamin D deficiency. Your doctor would be in a better position to help you figure out if it's a chemical imbalance or not.

Motivation can be tricky but it doesn't have to be. I often drag myself out of bed before the sun on the weekend just by saying, "I'll just go on a short walk and then I'll come back and fall into bed." If I can take that one small step, find my shoes and head out the door, it's not long before I'm almost, but not glad that I'm out there watching the sun rise and then a few minutes later, I realize that I lied to myself and I'm actually really going to run my regular route. Just start by doing one thing and after a while, you'll feel like doing a little more and you'll start feeling your own attitude shift.

Best wishes.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else - sounds like it's a lack of motivation; as someone who suffers clinical depression there's a vast difference between what I deal with on a daily/weekly/monthly basis heck sometimes even minute to minute vs. just feeling a lack of motivation due to what seems like a large effort compounded with life's interference's producing zero results...clinical depression is just that - clinical - it's a chemical imbalance in the brain requiring both therapy and meds combined to help alleviate the symptoms, not find and resolve the root of the problem, they are not an end-all be-all resolution but there it is.

I honestly agree with the other posters - baby steps, one foot in front of the other, think positive thoughts and you can move forward! If that feeling of hopelessness continues, see your Dr and ask about clinical depression and maybe seeing a therapist...

Just my $.02, Good Luck!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    For me when I get in a funk/unmotivated it helps to take my planner and write down 3 things I MUST get done. Most days it's something like "clean for an hour, go for a run, go get coffee with so and so". On a bad day, it might be "brush teeth, eat, do my nailsl". You will feel much better at the end of the day knowing you got something done and crossing those things off the list and you can adjust it according to what you're ready for.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I suffered from depression periodically through my whole life. Meds suck. Exercise and eating clean rock. Seriously. It takes time and effort. There are so many days I don't want to work out, but I do it anyway and I find myself calm, destressed and feeling good. Maybe not always happy, but definitely good. I keep a journal. I have a notebook I carry around with me. Every day I list out 10 things I've accomplished. It helps tremendously. Try it and good luck!