Options
    urr hate pork :sick:
  • stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    "Bacon up that sausage, boy." -Homer Simpson
  • gomezeureka
    Options
    Hmmm Yummy. I also love pork. Thanks for sharing recipes. Very informative. I should try it myself.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Posole Rojo

First Step is go back in this thread and make the Enchilada Sauce recipe I posted for Pork Enchilada Burrito.

Ingredients.

I batch Enchilada Sauce
    2lb Pork sirloin or other none lean cut
    2t fresh roasted ground cumin
    Large white onion chopped
    6 garlic cloves rough chopped
    4+- Cans chicken broth
    2T Mexican oregano
    1 Bay leaf
    2lb Hydrated hominy (easy to make ahead in a slow cooker, frozen, or canned)
    Salt and Pepper

Season the pork roast with the cumin, salt, and pepper. I a large pre heated dutch oven, add just enough oil to sear the meat. Corn oil here is nice. Sear the meat on all sides. Remove the meat and add the onion. Cook until just soft, add garlic. Add meat back in, broth, Enchilada sauce, oregano, bay leaf, bit of salt and pepper. Add two or so cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and partial cover for two hours. Add water as needed. Finally add the hominy. Cook for a hour or so. When the meat is fall apart tender remove and pull it as you like. Add back into the pot and ENJOY..
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I did 7# of pork tenderloin in the crockpot yesterday...all pulled and portioned out into 5 ounce servings and in the freezer for my pork fix for the month.
    Pineapple Teriyaki Pork

Pork tenderloin
    1 can crushed pineapple
    1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
    1/2 cup dark brown sugar
    1 green bell pepper in strips
    1 red bell pepper in strips
    fresh ginger
    chopped garlic

Will be having pork wraps for lunch today with my special pineapple teriyaki sauce: recipe makes 1 quart so cals and all are low when divided out.
    2 blocks lowfat cream cheese (I never know how to say or spell the true name)
    1 small can crushed pineapple
    1/3 cup low sodium soy
    1//2 cup brown sugar
    ginger
    1TBSP Hot chinese mustard.
    Blended in the blender....
    1TBSP of the sauce on a low carb-high fiber wrap with some crisp pepper strips and the pineapple teriyaki pork...divine!!!
  • beckymosley86
    beckymosley86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This recipe from Anne Burrell is to die for.

Apple Cider-Braised Pork Chops with Onions and Apples:

Ingredients
    4 bone-in pork loin chops, 1- inch thick
    Kosher salt
    Extra-virgin olive oil
    2 onions, thinly sliced
    1 pinch crushed red pepper
    2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
    Pinch cinnamon
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
    2 cups apple cider
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Season the pork chops generously with salt. Coat a large saute pan with olive oil and bring it to a high heat. Sear the pork on both sides and on the fat edge, working in batches if the chops don't all fit in the pan at the same time. Be sure not to crowd the pan. Remove the pork from the pan and place on a cookie sheet. Finish the pork in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Ditch the excess fat from the saute pan. Give a drizzle of fresh olive oil and add the onions and crushed red pepper and season with salt. Cook until the onions become soft and aromatic. Add the apples, cinnamon and rosemary and toss to coat with the oil. Add the cider and cook until the cider has reduced by two-thirds and the onion-apple mixture is very soft and saucy. Serve over the pork chops.

Porky deliciousness!

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/pork-chops-with-apples-and-onions-recipe2/index.html?oc=linkback
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Good recipes there.
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nom Nom

I do enjoy Pork!

Here is a recipe for Bacon Braised Brussels Sprouts,
    I am going to try for Thanksgiving/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBYuVk8jAdU&inf_contact_key=502df18ae498733cd69617fdf16112742694e41b90091d7c4e50ac64ff788c43
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    love me some pork, sounds yummy people!
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    bump! Love the Pig
  • Clm81401
    Options
    For those who are doing a ham this holiday season. From Alton Brown and the Food Network. Once you try this ham you may never cook it any other way.

City Ham from Alton Brown

Ingredients
    1 city style (brined) ham, hock end*
    1/4 cup brown mustard
    2 cups dark brown sugar
    1-ounce bourbon (poured into a spritz bottle)
    2 cups crushed ginger snap cookies

Directions

Heat oven to 250 degrees F.

Remove ham from bag, rinse and drain thoroughly. Place ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan. Using a small paring knife or clean utility knife set to the smallest blade setting, score the ham from bottom to top, spiraling clockwise as you cut. (If you're using a paring knife, be careful to only cut through the skin and first few layers of fat). Rotate the ham after each cut so that the scores are no more than 2-inches across. Once you've made it all the way around, move the knife to the other hand and repeat, spiraling counter clockwise. The aim is to create a diamond pattern all over the ham. (Don't worry too much about precision here.)

Tent the ham with heavy duty foil, insert a thermometer, and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the internal temperature at the deepest part of the meat registers 130 degrees F.

Remove and use tongs to pull away the diamonds of skin and any sheets of fat that come off with them.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Dab dry with paper towels, then brush on a liberal coat of mustard, using either a basting brush or a clean paint brush (clean as in never-touched paint). Sprinkle on brown sugar, packing loosely as you go until the ham is coated. Spritz this layer lightly with bourbon, then loosely pack on as much of the crushed cookies as you can.

Insert the thermometer (don't use the old hole) and return to the oven (uncovered). Cook until interior temperature reaches 140 degrees F, approximately 1 hour.

Let the roast rest for 1/2 hour before carving.

*Cook's note: A city ham is basically any brined ham that's packed in a plastic bag, held in a refrigerated case and marked "ready to cook", "partially cooked" or "ready to serve". Better city hams are also labeled "ham in natural juices".
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    bump....yum!
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Any one else making a pork roast for Christmas? I am going to brine a shoulder (on sale this week @ King Supers $1.49lb), and just have a simple old school roast.

Large dutch oven, salt and pepper roast, sear roast off, remove roast, add (carrots, celery, onion, garlic, jalapinos, green bell pepper), put roast back in fat cap up, cover about half way up with chicken broth, add one large bay leaf, cover and let it go 3 1/2 hours or so.

Merry Christmas to All of You
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    in for recipes
  • Clm81401
    Options
    OK, Just because it's Cristmas and I didn't get you all anything. Now don't abuse it, OK.

Candied Bacon

1/2 Sheet Pan, Lined with Foil (dont skip this step)
    Cooling Rack on top
    1 1/2lb Thick Cut Bacon
    Sprits the baco with some Southern Comfort (you don't half to but it's XMas)
    Put a little mound of dark brown sugar doun each one

Start in a cold oven. Set to 425 and put in on pre heat. When it reaches 425 rotate the pan. Keep a eye on them. Bake untill firm and stiff.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Ham is on sale at City Market (King Suppers) for 99 cent a pound.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options