Before & After 100 lb lost

Options
kara2
kara2 Posts: 83 Member
169i05k.jpg

The one of the left is me at 402.6 lbs the one on the right is me at 302.6.

I started on January 22, 2013 and today is November 23, 2013. In 10 months I have lost 100 lbs. The hard part is seeing the change in my body. I see a little but I still feel like the person in the left. I know I am not because I can walk, run and do so many more things.

Changing the image in our head is so hard but I will do it and I will continue on this journey until I reach my goal.

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Wow, 100lbs so far! I can see the difference, I notice it mostly in your face & neck (plus shoulders / upper body), there is a definite difference! Keep up the great work!!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Amazing work !!!!

I can see to also b.c you took the picture in the same place..

You can now see the door handle, I see it in your back, neck, face. And wow,,,look at the arm difference!

You are doing great..... keep up the good work !!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!!
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Continue, you are doing a fantastic job and you are today's inspiration????
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I can tell the difference and if you are more mobile, I'm sure your quality of life has to be improving every day. From here down, things will be noticeable easily and you might feel even better. You are an inspiration! Keep up the great work.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    great job! you are doing terrific!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! So very proud of you -- keep up the great work!
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great work! I can only imagine how much better you are feeling already!
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You are doing a fantastic job, I can see the difference, keep it up you will be at your goal in no time!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Girl you are doing great! I definitely see the difference..the reason I think you aren't is cause you are looking at general size not all the little differences...You've lost in your face and neck for certain!!!! I see it in your whole upper body as well!!!!

When I lose its an all over thing..so 20 lbs. doesn't even show so much..until you take in all the little details. Look for the details girl! You will be amazed in the difference another 10 mos. from now! :) Keep on going!!! :)
  • Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING! Congrats to you. Never stop.!!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing work. And though you make still feel like the woman on the left, just remember....you may not notice to much on the outside. But your heart and organs "thank you". And you've added extra years back onto your life, which is invaluable. Good luck and keep it up!!
  • peej44
    peej44 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job...you're an inspiration! I can totally tell the difference. Concentrate on the positives especially that you are feeling more mobile and how your clothes are fitting. Keep it up :)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! Keep up the hard work!
  • Bravo, clap, clap, I can tell all over, great job!
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    wow, you have lost a lot of inches! the difference is most striking on your back, tummy and neck area. Also, your posture is sooo much better now too. Your back must be feeling much healthier. You said you that you still feel like the person on the left, but your facial expressions tell a different story. Your expression now shows a "determination/confidence" that wasn't there before.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin on, you're doing great! I can see the difference in your ankles and wrists, and that's brilliant that you're more able to do activities, that will all help to improve your overall health and fitness.
  • crossroad2012
    crossroad2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing fantastic! I can see big changes all over...your hard work is really paying off! :happy:
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kara! You are doing amazing!

I can relate to what you wrote about not seeing the loss in your own head. It took me a while as well. Keep working hard because I can assure you that that moment will happen and when it does it's an amazing feeling.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I think you did an awesome job! You probably don't see the difference when you look in the mirror because you always see yourself but if you take a look and compare the two pictures you can see all the differences the other pointed out!

Doesn't feel great to be able to move more than before? You are doing some awesome changes and keep pushing , the goal is closer than we think!

Congratulation on 100pounds lost and many more to come!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    way to go, congrats on the 100lb milestone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!