Why this time is different from previous weight loss efforts

Honestly, it comes down to Three things:
1) This isn't a diet. It's just the way I eat now. I don't have an end date in mind, or even, necessarily an ultimate goal except to continue with logging and eating at or below my TDEE
2) Logging everything. I never took this seriously before, and I never succeeded in anything more than a few points of very temporary weight loss.
3) Eating amazing, delicious food. Tonight, I'm cooking beef bourguignon for dinner. If I am going to eat less food, I am going to make sure that it is the freshest, most wonderful food I can find. That takes most of the overly processed stuff right off my plate. Why spend 500 calories on a Big Mac when I can have a meal full of exotic tastes? I have always loved shopping and cooking, but somehow, I thought losing weight was all about tasteless "no fat" foods with minimal seasoning in ridiculously small quantities. Now moving toward maintenance, I find no difference in how I cook and eat from the time I started until now.

Hope maybe someone can use these perspectives to enhance their own success!

Replies

• Yvie1950
    Yvie1950 Posts: 8 Member
    That is exactly why you are so successful. You inspire all of us. ;0)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Yep I eat everything I did before, just less. Oh and I now workout some.
  • aliceb39
    aliceb39 Posts: 84 Member
    Well said, Laura! I have to log. It's so easy to get off track, otherwise. And you're right about this not being a diet; like Weight Watchers says, it's a lifestyle! I am made a few changs, but most of the time, I'd eating the sam foods I always have, just less.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    very good perspective.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Great attitude! And it's working! Way to go!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    You've found the key to what works for you, so congratulations. I subscribe to the same list...but I've added for myself not to get stressed or hyper about weight loss and take it calmly one day at a time. When I have a "bad" day, I just figure it's over and I move on. I also know I can't get into my old habits without getting my old results...excess weight...and I don't want to go there again.

Thanks for the list!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    I agree with everything that you said. Especially the part about not having an end date in mind. I am just trying to make better choices every day. I didn't gain 2 lbs a week for 6 months. There is no reason for it to have to come off in that fashion either. And I know that I will have to log forever. It is just so easy to not realize how much you are eating if you don't look at the end result every day.

(Is that you and one of your babies on your ticker?)
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Laura, you are sooo right! Dieting is NOT about denying yourself your favourite foods! Portion control is key! :drinker:

Love ya, hon! xo :heart: :flowerforyou: