Do you eat all your calories required daily?

Options
I am currently on 2,150 calories a day and I very rarely take in all them calories... Mostly I take in is 1,500 or 1,600 never more.
My fitness goal is to gain 0.5 Lbs per week and my activity levels are lightly active.
My starting weight is 6 st, 10 Lbs.
So do you suggest consuming all the calories required to eat or not?
I am new on this myfitnesspal so please help.

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    How r u planning on gaining if you don't eat?!
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    True, but it's a mind over matter thing for me buddy.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I think you should speak to a professional. ie. doctor, psychologist...you may be harming yourself.
    At 94 pounds and 5'-7" male you need to eat all the food suggested.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Sorry but mind over matter doesn't work for gaining weight, eating more calories than your body burns is what works

If you are weighing and logging everything accurately then you need to eat all of your calories
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    You have to be in a calorie surplus to gain weight......... Best of Luck
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to gain fat or muscle? Its not just about eating a certain number of calories. Gaining muscle requires increased protein, usually 1g of protein per pound which means at your current weight you daily portein macro should be at least 97 per day. Protein also brings with it calories so that will help you reach your goals. Veggies won't get you calories but they will give you minerals and vitamins necessary for health so don't sacrifice them either. Don't skimp on healthy fats either, they support muscle. Add a serving or two of nuts per day to help you bump your intake? It takes practice to increase your eating so keep at it.

I am in weightloss mode but I am trying to put on muscle and change my body composition so I do eat all my required calories. Somedays its hard to hit above 1750 but I find ways. Add a protein shake if you can tolerate the stuff?
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    Okay, thanks. I am eating from a restaurant for dinner that has no nutritional information on it... What should I do?
  • abadvat
    Options
    Your mind is not going to make u put on weight fella - eat your calories - all of them!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks. I am eating from a restaurant for dinner that has no nutritional information on it... What should I do?

As your plan is gaining I would just go to the restaurant and eat what you want to and don't worry about logging and start logging again tomorrow :-)
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    Yep was gonna just weigh out what food I got home and track it in like that, but I luckily found it on MFP!
    And thanks guys, is it me or do you guys not eat back your calories burnt because you believe they are innacurate?
  • fvshkatie
    fvshkatie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories a day and I'm losing weight. You are doing nothing to help yourself gain. You have to eat your calories and make sure they are good healthy ones, not junk food.
  • abadvat
    Options
    Yep was gonna just weigh out what food I got home and track it in like that, but I luckily found it on MFP!
    And thanks guys, is it me or do you guys not eat back your calories burnt because you believe they are innacurate?

If you @ deficit the aim is not to eat them back - if you want to get big you eat them back!
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories a day and I'm losing weight. You are doing nothing to help yourself gain. You have to eat your calories and make sure they are good healthy ones, not junk food.

WOW, this actually took affect on me.... I seriously need to sort this low calorie diet out... and bump it up.
  • AbidKhan99
    Options

If you @ deficit the aim is not to eat them back - if you want to get big you eat them back!

Very true, but I have read that MFP exercise calories burned are in-accurate.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'6" female and eat about 1700 calories a day NET and lose weight. You say you are trying to gain, yet you are eating less then I am. That will not work.

I am going to be blunt. The fact that you eat so little thinking you will GAIN on that is a bit concerning and raises red flags. As does the idea of "mind over matter". Are you under the care of a doctor?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back..... Got to fuel your body.....
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    I am a 5'6" female and eat about 1700 calories a day NET and lose weight. You say you are trying to gain, yet you are eating less then I am. That will not work.

I am going to be blunt. The fact that you eat so little thinking you will GAIN on that is a bit concerning and raises red flags. As does the idea of "mind over matter". Are you under the care of a doctor?

Oh wow another shocking push-back!
    Nope not under the care of a doctor.
  • abadvat
    Options

Very true, but I have read that MFP exercise calories burned are in-accurate.

This is irrelevant - your calories / macros are calculated based on activity levels. You at deficit you will not eat it back - u growing u will eat it back.
    Indeed MFP exercise calories just like calories / macros needed are inaccurate!
  • abadvat
    Options

He probably just read Armold's encyclopedia and is pulling out big words!
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    Thanks a lot for today guys,
    I am probably gonna buy some protein powder for that extra protein/calorie intake.