MAD A MYSELF

Options
ugh so yesterday after a long Friday at work I had a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, and thought I would be ok cause I was going to go for a run later that night. little did I know that my friend was going to stop by and convince me to go out to the bar so not only did I not run yesterday I ate a cookie and drank whiskey so I feel like I cheated on myself and feel like crap today. I think I need to kick this into high gear could someone review my food diary and see what I am doing that I could eat a little better with and give me some advice on what I could do better as well.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I think you are overreacting. What's a cookie and some whiskey?

Today is a new day. Move on and stay within your calorie deficit.

Your hangover will pass (if that's what you mean by feeling horrible).

Your diary is not visible.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think you are overreacting. What's a cookie and some whiskey?

Today is a new day. Move on and stay within your calorie deficit.

Your hangover will pass (if that's what you mean by feeling horrible).

Your diary is not visible.

this. We have to enjoy life and indulge every now and then or we will go insane. Don't be so hard on yourself. It is okay! You aren't throwing all of the work you put into yourself away with one night of indulgence.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the fact that you had a cookie and a good time with a friend. Everyone needs a treat once in awhile.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    ugh so yesterday after a long Friday at work I had a chocolate chip cookie after dinner, and thought I would be ok cause I was going to go for a run later that night. little did I know that my friend was going to stop by and convince me to go out to the bar so not only did I not run yesterday I ate a cookie and drank whiskey so I feel like I cheated on myself and feel like crap today. I think I need to kick this into high gear could someone review my food diary and see what I am doing that I could eat a little better with and give me some advice on what I could do better as well.

Ach. Don't stress.

This is a lifestyle change. Life is going to get in the way.

The reason you eat in a deficit is so that you can take evening like this in your stride and as part of the plan.

You've lost a load of weight, so you're obviously doing it right.
  • skylerwebb14
    Options
    oops I fixed my diary settings it should be viewable now, and no I am not hung over I just feel guilty I guess. I gotta lose thirty five more pounds by may
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I definitely agree with the other posters...a cookie and some whiskey do not equate a derailment. you are doing fine. that said, I feel the same way when unexpected extras end up in my day.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    From your diary, Thursday was worse than Friday.....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    One cookie? Honey, calm down. It's just a cookie.
  • atbur
    atbur Posts: 2
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Look at my diary for the last week, then look at my diary entry for last Saturday. I didn't log anything in it because family was in town and we went out and had some crazy unhealthy meals, but I made up for it by eating at a higher deficit this week, and I am not having any issues.

Don't stress it, just eat less calories today and you'll be fine.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    From your diary, Thursday was worse than Friday.....
    I see that as well.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I ate Iced Maple rolls for breakfast, had some chocolate covered peanuts for a snack and am going to pick up a pizza in a few for the football game and have some Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream planned for an evening snack..... I will not feel one ounce of guilt over any of my food choices today... My point is you have to find a way to move past demonizing foods on your journey. You need to understand you can still fit in those discretionary items into your daily caloric intake when you want them.... Best of Luck
  • erikamadden84
    erikamadden84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I have been on a junk food eating binge. I missed 3 days from the gym. The worse part of all.... I smoked this week! I have been quit for 2 years!!! Something deep down inside is stressing me out. I must get to the bottom of this. Tomorrow I am dedicating my morning to a hardcore work out to clear my mind and detox my body. What was I thinking this week??? I did however pass up a Krispy Kreme donut!! WOOOHOO GO ME! LOL. It doen't really matter though because Taco Bell did enough damage! Oh yeah, I was tooooooooo embarrassed to log all this misbehavior into my journal.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I reviewed your diary. If you're calories are set for a deficit then I'm guess ing you still ate under your TDEE which means you still at a deficit! Don't be mad at yourself, be proud at how amazing you are because you logged that cookie and whiskey! You are awesome:flowerforyou:
  • skylerwebb14
    Options
    I don't feel as bad for Thursday cause I exercised I just wasn't sure how to log boxing and grappling into MFP but it was a good hour and a half session and atleast I worked out that day yesterday I feel was a failure more so because I didn't exercise on a planned exercise day and over indulged all at once
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I don't think feeling guilty over food and exercise is helpful to anyone in the long run. I just ate two cookies and I am losing an average of 1-2 pounds a week. If you don't exercise one day then just re-plan it, why stress about it? Enjoy life. One cookie didn't make you put on weight and it won't effect your goals. Look at your whole weekly average rather than individual days.
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yeah don't worry about it. If you went over your cals then just work a little extra or eat a little less the next day. Sometimes I use the guilt as motivation to do cardio too.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I wish I could eat just ONE cookie. I love my sweets, and from the way it sounds, maybe you are over thinking it. A little bit here or there is a pleasure. Enjoy yourself! Its good for you
  • Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I reviewed your food dairy and I would suggest going for a proper whole and fresh food breakfast, real food is the way to go, it will definetly make a massive difference on how you feel and you are more likely to feel better the rest of the day. Please don't beat yourself over just ONE cookie and some alchy. The whole point is that you continue eating and working out even if you have those small treats once in a while.
  • skylerwebb14
    Options
    Hey :) I reviewed your food dairy and I would suggest going for a proper whole and fresh food breakfast, real food is the way to go, it will definetly make a massive difference on how you feel and you are more likely to feel better the rest of the day. Please don't beat yourself over just ONE cookie and some alchy. The whole point is that you continue eating and working out even if you have those small treats once in a while.

so what would you suggest then, as with most young people on here cost can be an issue depending on how the month is going haha
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Start afresh tomorrow.
    Let it go. It's ok to live a little; after all we're a long time dead.