Merry meet

Options
Hi folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Kaela, I hail from Seattle, WA but currently living in North Carolina. My fitness journey is not so much focused on losing weight, but mostly body fat. I gained quite a bit of body fat during my pregnancy which was 4 years ago, so I'm finally getting back on the ball.

I grew up with an inactive lifestyle, other than riding my bicycle all over the city of Seattle on a daily basis. That was more transportation than exercise. I spent almost 5 years in the Army before I asked for a discharge because of my pregnancy.. I used being a new or working mother as an excuse to be lazy.

Never tracked my diet until I noticed that it was starting to catch up with me, luckily I've been able to use this website to motivate myself to get active. On inactive days I was just barely capable of staying under my calorie limits. Now that I've recently worked my way up to two workouts a day, I don't have to worry so much and wind up way under my allowances.

I started my workout routines using the P.I.N.K. Method, and that was very successful. I did not use the diet plan, but the workouts have helped me get to where I am today. I didn't even have this kind of strength and endurance after boot camp 8 years ago.

My routines have consisted of the following over the course of the last 4 months:

-Started off using level 1, 3 times a week.
-Then I began to add yoga in on the other two days of the week.
-Advanced to level 2 using the same routine.
-Moved to to level 3, 5 days a week.
-I do two workouts a day now, I'm currently still using the level 2-3 DVD's along with workouts on fitnessglo(dot)com every day, as well as either Yoga, Pilates or Belly Dancing.

So far I'm not seeing any weight difference, only a little gain and then loss but I've already lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist, and I have a butt now, so that's nice.

I'm not sure what my goals are at the moment, I'm not a supporter of media beauty standards, I enjoy eating what I want, I workout to earn that food that I like. I have some belly fat I'd like to see go, I've got some pants I'd like to fit in to but basically I just want to be happy.

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Your progress so far is so impressive. Well done!
    The P.I.N.K method sounds interesting. I've never heard of it before!
  • misskaela206
    Options
    Thanks, yes it's great program and perhaps even more valuable if you use the diet plan along with it.