Question about sugar

Options
I'm very new to this whole "food diary" concept and tracking everything I'm eating and still figuring it all out. I have dramatically changed my diet recently but was still eating too much, so I'm trying this site out in hopes to loose weight gained from pregnancy. My question is about sugars. I don't eat a lot of processed food, or any really except cereal some mornings. I don't drink sugary drinks and add very little to my coffee and am working on developing a taste for coffee without sugar. I do, however, eat a lot of veggies and fruits and am always over my daily limit for sugars because of them. Is this a problem? Or do I need to not worry if an apple or banana throws me over my sugar limit? Thanks for any insight on this!

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I would focus on carb goals, and not worry with sugars......

Carbs are sugars anyways....body processes it the same.

So just set your carb goal, and make sure you hit it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I would focus on carb goals, and not worry with sugars......

Carbs are sugars anyways....body processes it the same.

So just set your carb goal, and make sure you hit it.

Agreed..... I don't directly track sugar, I track my carb intake and removed the sugar and in it's place track fiber...... Best of Luck
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar. That setting annoys me. Personally I track fiber, iron, carbs, protein and fat.
  • zensugi
    Options
    Don't worry, track total energy (and carbs if you want). Sugars is just a subset of carbs and MFP is overly restrictive about sugars.If your net energy intake is lower than your target you'll drop weight even if you are over the sugar limit.