Your opinion/thoughts on protein bars!

Options
Okay, as I like to have a craving for chocolate and sweet snacks I decided to take up the habit of protein bars, but they are so damn expensive!
Do you guys know any cheap protein bars I could purchase in the UK, possibly lower calorie the better but I am not too concerned by that.
Also what do you guys think of protein bars and is there a better solution to them?
Thanks!

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't know about in the UK, but I love my Quest bars! I buy them through Amazon.com , they are cheaper for me that way.
  • AbidKhan99
    Options
    I don't know about in the UK, but I love my Quest bars! I buy them through Amazon.com , they are cheaper for me that way.

There very very expensive on UK amazon though.... :/
  • Steins_Gate
    Steins_Gate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    clif bars are cheap. they taste just ok though
  • jahowell
    Options
    Quest bars all the way amazon.com, if it's too cheap you probably don't want to eat it very often.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yuck, they don't have much protein per calorie and they are expensive.
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cliff makes a trio of perfectly suitable protein bars, which, when on sale, are as inexpensive as protein bars get (I've seen them for 11.99 a case (12). That's less then a buck a bar, with 15 grams of protein. I've seen them at VitaminShoppe, Vitacost and at the local Co-op. I buy the 22 days nutrition bars, (but, yes, they are expensive). They are the only tasty 'raw' protein bar out there, (in my HBMO). Vitacost has a good price, when there's a sale......they are STILL 29 bucks or so..........(so 2 bucks a bar). That's actually cheap for raw, organic, vegan, and 'alive', so just keep checking (what I do.......i am a sale shopper from way back! :) Good luck!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I eat them as a snack or part of my breakfast. I found Luna Protein bars on sale today for less than a dollar a bar and bought a box and couple boxes of simply perfect which I like more than the Luna bars. My DD likes the Luna bars so she'll probably eat most of that box and leave my others alone. ;-)
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia so it's probably no good but I found ISS - Oh Yeah caramel bars. They taste a little like snickers so it stops any sugar cravings I may have, I only have one on weight training days so it's only 3 times a week.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My trainer recommended Balance bars
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Quest. I buy them in bulk and use them as a meal replacement when I can't get what I need from food or I'm in the mood for baking. I love all the recipes you can do with them. Yes they are expensive, but they are so good! And if you only have them for cravings and not everyday, it might be worth it to at least try the variety pack. I just made mini pumpkin pies with the cinnamon rolls one as the crust. So yummy!