What a shock...

Options
I am a chocolate milk aholic.... with that said, I want to say that just for fun I entered the amount of what I was drinking into the MFP food tracker, and I was shocked when I realized I was taking in 800-1600 calories from my "addiction" alone!!! No wonder I'm not liking the changes I'm seeing in my body. Shape change, aches and pains, not to mention the sluggish feeling and fatigue, low endurance....
I'm recommitted to losing weight and getting healthy again! I have a crazy idea to run a 5K next year.... I need to get started.

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If you believe you can accomplish anything. Good luck.
  • Ranchetta
    Ranchetta Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm feeling less than confident at this point!
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    did someone say chocolate??? ahhhhh now I want chocolate! lol our bad eating habits add up quickly. luckily my chocolate addiction is dark chocolate :D
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with chocolate, once in a while. I start the day with 2 heaped tsp of Cocoa powder with my hot oats. I also have 98 per cent dark ghanaian fair trade chocolate at least once a week. Scientists have nothing but good things to say about chocolate, and I have been eating chocolate every week, since teen years.
  • Go_Duke_2011
    Go_Duke_2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love Silk Dark Choc Almond Milk! Only 100 cals :)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about keying stuff (additions) in to MFP just to see what the figures say. When I started I keyed in my sweet tea addition. I was drinking approx. 1000 cal. a day of sweet tea. I quit cold turkey in January of 2011 and haven't had one sip since. I couldn't believe the numbers, but I also couldn't believe how easy it was for me to quit. I grew up on the stuff....it ran through my veins. :happy:

You can do this!! You will do this!! Stay focused!! Stay strong!! :drinker:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I drink hot cocoa everyday...make it with milk & Hershey cocoa & splenda. Healthier than Swiss Miss or Choc milk in store... & tastes better, too. Work it into your allotted calories & drink up!
  • blankney94
    Options
    I used to drink about 2 litres of chocolate milk every two days - but then again I was pregnant! That was my preggy craving.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    It's all about portion control... make your "addiction" fit your macros and live happily ever after!
  • ujjz
    ujjz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can make a giant chocolate banana smoothie that is only about 250 calories, and delicious. 2 cups milk (I use almond), a banana, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder. Add a little vanilla extract if you happen to have it. Add peanut butter or pumpkin/sunflower seeds to make it more nutritious.
  • littleknownblogger
    Options
    To be clear, CACAO is very healthy for you. CHOCOLATE is full of sugar, and usually other chemicals.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    there's always that "shocker" thing. logging consistently and weighing my foods really taught me a lot about calories - i thought i knew it all... my shock was bananas - what i thought was *small banana* was really more like a large and i was miscalculating every morning...

if you really love chocolate milk - then make that your occasional treat. that's what I do with lattes. I have one once in a while.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    that is a lot of chocolate milk! I enjoy it too. I don't buy it though because I'd probably have well over 1600 calories worth of it in my diary. YIKES
  • Ranchetta
    Ranchetta Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes (hanging head in shame, lol) that IS a lot of chocolate milk! I know! That's why I'm not buying any more chocolate syrup! My family will just have to deal with it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, chocolate milk is a decent choice post workout. Don't ward it off completely!!!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with chocolate, once in a while. I start the day with 2 heaped tsp of Cocoa powder with my hot oats. I also have 98 per cent dark ghanaian fair trade chocolate at least once a week. Scientists have nothing but good things to say about chocolate, and I have been eating chocolate every week, since teen years.

I don't think she was saying anything negative about chocolate - she was discussing the amount of chocolate milk she was consuming was higher than she thought.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ouch! I definitely had a lot of surprises when I started logging everything honestly (lots of my estimates turned out to be super super underestimates..oops). Maybe you could try switching to chocolate *almond* milk? I've only tried regular almond milk (and love it) but the chocolate is only 45 cals/cup and has chocolate, so you can't really go wrong with that..