anyone do kfc?

Options
the colonel makes some surprinsgly healthy and great as **** tasting food. might try that over subway sometime. can i cuss?

ok it automatically bleeps me. i had wendy's today and im not sure i really like it as much as i used to.

i read kfc's menus alot of there food is decent.

Replies

• scldragonfish
    scldragonfish Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your dreaming dude. Even if they have low calorie, the sodium content is awful.

From the Super Obese Food Addict angle. I try not to frequent any place with the temptation of making a wrong choice.

My brain acts like an impulse buyer and tries to convince me that if I eat the healthy stuff, I can have a regular side dish like potatoes or macaroni.

Logically, I know this is not true, but logic doesn't work on crazy addicts when temptation is right there in front of you.

Best not to risk it and learn how to bake your own chicken.
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love their chicken. Mmmm.

An origional recipe chicken breast is 320 calories with 26g of protein and 2g of fiber. That's awesome :)
    If you get it grilled, 220 calories for 40g protein!! It can be hard to find protein powder with those numbers.

Their crispy chicken Caesar salad without dressing is 330 calories, 29g protein and 4g fiber. Sounds so yummy and I love those numbers as well.

BBQ baked beans are 210 calories, 8g protein, and 8g fiber!

I'm wanting fried chicken now. :) IIFYM rocks.
  • redsnapper8
    redsnapper8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

From the Super Obese Food Addict angle. I try not to frequent any place with the temptation of making a wrong choice.

My brain acts like an impulse buyer and tries to convince me that if I eat the healthy stuff, I can have a regular side dish like potatoes or macaroni.

Logically, I know this is not true, but logic doesn't work on crazy addicts when temptation is right there in front of you.

IMO, everyone's allowed a treat, taking true control of your diet means you can do this without letting yourself get lurred into more, but this is something that has to happen before addiction takes hold. If your past this point then yes, avoid temptation completely. If your generally fit and healthy and just looking to lose a few pounds and improve fitness than you can have it occassionally, so long as you drink plenty of water to flush out the sodium
  • scldragonfish
    scldragonfish Posts: 15 Member
    Options

IMO, everyone's allowed a treat, taking true control of your diet means you can do this without letting yourself get lurred into more, but this is something that has to happen before addiction takes hold. If your past this point then yes, avoid temptation completely. If your generally fit and healthy and just looking to lose a few pounds and improve fitness than you can have it occassionally, so long as you drink plenty of water to flush out the sodium

What part of 'Super Obese' didn't you understand? Even if I was healthy and allowed a 'treat' I still wouldn't go there because of all the sodium and cholesterol. People drop dead from that stuff everyday, healthy or not.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If I have to rely on fast food, KFC is the first I look for. There are several combos with green beans and unsweetened tea that are easy to fit in. Sodium isn't a problem for me.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    KFC just ain't what it used to be. I am always disappointed when I eat there and they are WAY overpriced in my area.

I'm dying to try Chikfila or whatever it's called.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Popeyes spicy chicken wins every time in my book. Or their jambalaya!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    damn you American's getting 'healthier' fast food lol We don't have the option of getting something grilled unless unless maybe a wrap sometimes oh and we don't have mash or gravy or pot pies or bowls :(

we don't get the whole grilled or crispy options in the UK.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Their grilled chicken is surprisingly really good.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Their grilled chicken is alright, but nothing special. Boston Market's rotisserie chicken absolutely blows it away.

And when it comes to their fried chicken, Popeye's makes KFC taste like a dirty sweatsock.

As a result, I rarely visit KFC.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Not everyone is a super obese food addict. Some people are able to eat fast food without going on an all-out binge. Some people (like those without blood pressure and/or cholesterol problems) don't need to worry that much about cholesterol or sodium intake.

*Edit: added in response to SOFA's BP and cholesterol post*
  • jonnythan
    Options

Not everyone is a super obese food addict. Some people are able to eat fast food without going on an all-out binge.

That's Super Obese Food Addict. SOFA. :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

What part of 'Super Obese' didn't you understand? Even if I was healthy and allowed a 'treat' I still wouldn't go there because of all the sodium and cholesterol. People drop dead from that stuff everyday, healthy or not.

I am super obese and could give no effs about sodium and cholesterol. Blood pressure and cholesterol are more affected by exercise anyway, so that is what I do.

And if you look at my diary, it is more than 80% fast food for the past three weeks. I am down 11lbs during that time.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    KFC, McD, BK and all the others are absolutly fine - fast food don't make u fat - double penetrating your orifice whilst ur mouth can only handle 1 burger is what makes u fat!
    Eat what u want - when u want - just make sure it fits your macros and live happily ever after!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

43834-snape-o-rly--harry-potter-sham-Gg2I.gif
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Did fast food just turn kinky?
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    the colonel makes some surprinsgly healthy and great as **** tasting food. might try that over subway sometime. can i cuss?

ok it automatically bleeps me. i had wendy's today and im not sure i really like it as much as i used to.

i read kfc's menus alot of there food is decent.

So where the fk is your question besides about cursing?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i want to but im a bit scared salmonella now and ive had a pink chicken experience there
  • jonnythan
    Options

George-Takei-oh-my-188x200.jpg
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

George-Takei-oh-my-188x200.jpg

hF2DFD583