Sugar!

Options
So I'm really knew to mfp. I'm really excited with how I can enter the food I eat and it adjusts everything and let's me know where I'm at for the day. But like an hour ago I was like o I'm kinda hungry maybe I'll eat an apple for snack but then I remembered I already hit the amount of sugar for the day but the only sugar in my diet is from fruit nothing else so do I stop eating fruit once I reach the sugar limit I never hit the amount for everything else just sugar!! Hopefully this makes sense o and I'm trying to lose weight not gain.

Replies

• zensugi
    Options
    And what's your question?
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fruit is natural sugar, it's doesn't really count.
  • 2spamagnet
    2spamagnet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fruit is good sugar, and usually comes with fiber. I would ignore any sugar numbers in your diary from whole fruits, and keep an eye on processed sugar from processed foods. Even then, I think the current "recommended" daily max for sugar is 200 gr, which is hard to hit unless you have a bad sugar habit. Start doing over 200 gr/day of sugar and you are looking at problems like diabetes. I'm no expert here, so you should search the web yourself. This seems to stick in my memory because I had the same questions a while back and did a couple quick searches.
  • keish42017
    Options
    thank you all
  • janetmlord
    Options
    Dietician said to me eat no more than two pieces of fruit a day. That's really helped, I was the same, high sugar. It's definitley speeded up my loss.
  • fraklein
    fraklein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You need to look at the glycemic index. It gives carbs a value based on how fast and how high a particular food can raise our blood glucose (blood sugar) level. It will help you make better food decisions.
    http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=faq&dbid=32#glucose
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Ignore sugar. Sugar is a subset of carbs. Don't go over your total carbs, and you'll be fine.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fruit is the human being's most preferred food. NEVER limit your fruit if you are craving it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Ignore sugar. Sugar is a subset of carbs. Don't go over your total carbs, and you'll be fine.

This.....................
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    For some reason, MFP's sugar limit is set to the usual recommendations for added sugar. I still have no idea why this is in everyone's default tracker as it causes an immense amount of questions.