Before & After 100 lb lost

Options

Replies

• elainematto
    elainematto Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The discipline you have maintained, the amazing achievement of losing 100 pounds in such a short time-- please do not waste a moment being anything but proud.
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Your progress is fantastic! I can definitely see a difference....keep it up you're doing great!
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference, great job! Keep up the good work. :-)
  • ReadyForWeightLoss
    Options
    Congrats you are a total inspiration to me . I hope I can lose 100 in 10 months too that sould be great . So proud of you .
  • janewl
    janewl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC :drinker: Keep up the hard work and keep taking those photos, they'll remind you of how far you have come. Walk tall, stand proud and believe in who you are...a strong determined woman :flowerforyou:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    awesome! there is definite difference - you have a neck! your face is much thinner, you can see the difference in your arms and even a bit of waist (on the back). as someone pointed out - you can see the doorknob in the second photo which means your overall girth is smaller.

you started out with a long ways to go and you've achieved a giant step. just knowing that you can walk better and move more means that you have already come a long ways. thank you for posting this!

ETA: just noticed your legs and feet too! look at your feet - the first photo they look bloated but that seems to be gone, you can see bones/veins.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    wow well done! the fact you haven't given up is a massive achievement. look at the difference on your face and back. inspirational
  • jerimay22
    jerimay22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Your amazing!! 100lbs lost, thats no small feat!! I can see the diffrence but it is so much more importian that you can feel it! You should be so proud of yourself!! :flowerforyou:
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    looking at these 2 pictures you can see a great difference. When we have a lot to lose it will take some time to actually feel better in ourselves, however you have proved you can do so much more physically now and that is great.

Look at your chin and checks, your bust and tummy all are much smaller

carry on your great job and you are an inspiration lots to lots of people reading your post you should be very proud, please post agin a little further down on your journey
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    100lbs is nothing to sneeze at, you've lost an entire person girlfriend. Amazing Progress so far. Keep up the great work!

internet-high-five.jpg
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! 100 lbs is a huge achievement and you've made such an important change for your health.

I can see a big difference in your photos; particularly in your abodomen, arms and face. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "after" photo is taken closer up than the "before", so you've actually shrunk more than is obvious from those pics.

There are a couple of things going on here. Firstly, it's very very common not to see the changes in ourselves, and for a lot of people who lose a significant amount of weight, it takes a while for their brain to catch up with the changes. I have been maintaining for a year, and still often feel as big as I was. I even occasionally look in the mirror and see myself as I was. It's quite surreal. It's really normal to have a skewed view of how you look, but that will change.

Secondly, don't forget that the more you have to lose in the first place, the more you have to lose before you see big changes. You've still got a way to go, and I hope that doesn't sound discouraging, because I think you've done an amazing job so far, and you sound determined to go all the way, which I have no doubt you will. But, I don't know if you've heard the paper towel analogy? If you imagine losing weight from your body as being like unravelling paper towel from a roll - in the beginning, you could remove 10 sheets of paper, and not notice a difference in the size of the roll. A lot of paper (fat) has gone, but it's harder to see. When you get closer to the roll, you can remove just one sheet of paper and see a massive difference. It can be so discouraging for people starting out with a lot to lose, but perseverance pays off! Just think how dramatically different you're going to look after the next 100 lbs comes off! I bet even the next 50 will be more dramatic.

And lastly, don't forget the internal changes that aren't visible. You will have lost a lot of visceral fat from around your organs, which will have made a huge difference to your health, but isn't so noticeable to you when you look at yourself.

Keep up the amazing work, you're inspirational! :flowerforyou:
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    fantastic! You are the right path! - I agree - the image in your head is the hardest to change... Keep going!
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Big difference,keep going you are doing fantastic! :drinker:
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    100 pounds! AWESOME!!
    Keep it up! You are doing fantastic!
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all! You are doing great!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Losing 100lbs is just amazing! Hard work pays off! Congratulations!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You're doing great amazing transformation. Keep up the hard work
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for the feedback. One of the comments struck a chord with me about writing down the comments others have made and then to look at the pictures different. I also appreciated the empathy about how it takes longer for our brain to catch up to the changes we are making to our bodies. It helps me to remember I am not alone.

I need to focus on the things I can do now that ten months I couldn't. Tonight I had the opportunity to go to a sister day with my three amazing sisters. My youngest sister asked me to ride in her van but the only availabe seat was in the back with her two oldest children. The closer seats were for her 2 year old and baby. Ten months ago there is no way I could have gotten into this tight squeeze. It wasn't easy tonight but I did it. I enjoyed the fun times I had with my neices. I also did a photo shoot of my sisters family and I was able to get down on the ground to get some better shots and get myself back up.. I couldn't do that ten months ago.

I appreciate you all. MY MFP family and friends (eventhough I don't know you personally) cheer me on and hlep me to keep making these changes.

Kara
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're efforts are showing! Enjoy your transformation!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    you are doing awesome, girl! keep it up!! xoxo
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!