HELP PLEASE!!!!

Options
I just don't know what is wrong with me??? I have done really well all week I have a lot of weight to lose and I know that it will be a long haul to get rid of it? I do exercise, watch my intake of calories ! Its coming to that time of year where we look for new dresses etc for our xmas parties. Well I went on the hunt yesterday for mine only to return home empty handed as there was nothing at all that I could get in to or that suited my shape! So what do I do?? U would think that I would say ok need to keep going no not me!!! I totally ruined any work that I had done this week. I ate, crisps, sweets, pork pies, chicken chow main, crackers and wine!!!!!!! What is wrong with me????? I really don't think I can take much more I am killing myself with food and I need to stop!! Please is there anyone out there that feels or has felt like this? What tips do u have that will help me???

Replies

• ikearch
    ikearch Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try eating foods that are high in fiber (tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli). Do not use condiments or sugars. Drink a lot of water (if no exercise, then aim for 64oz). Just water, not kool-aid or anything. It takes discipline of the mind and body to accomplish dieting goals. It won't happen overnight but you need to start.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    That sounds like emotional eating -- you were upset over not finding a dress. The food gives you a few minutes of comfort, so you chose that short term pleasure over the big picture. Thousands of overweight people have this problem.

It's a tough problem, but you can help yourself by education -- find out why you do it and when it is likely to happen (when you are upset) and plan ahead.

Don't keep food like that in the house. Don't shop hungry. Plan your meals and treats and have some food ready when you get home. Give yourself other treats and other things to do -- buy some great looking new sneakers and other exercise gear, treat yourself to a beautiful water bottle, a digital scale, a heart rate monitor. Get your hair done. Paint your nails. When you feel the urge to binge, go for a walk. Keep an exercise chart and start racking up some miles and minutes.

Find out why you do this.
    Plan for the next time.
    Set up other treats (clothes, hair, nails, books, music. etc.)
    Set up other activities to do instead of eating (exercise, a bubble bath, etc.)

And talk to a counselor is always an option.