Overcoming bulimia, I need your support.

Options
Hi all,

I'm a 23 year old female, 130 lbs 5'4''. I've been active on myfitnesspal for years now and have had great success with it. Unfortunately, within the past year or so I have developed an eating disorder. I suffer from bulimia nervosa & binge eating. I decided to create a new profile as a way to start over fresh. I decided today to tackle this disorder, stop restricting, stop binging, and to generally nourish and take care of my body.

I'd like some supportive friends (with open diaries preferably). Anyone, really though. People trying to lose weight, people who are suffering from an eating disorder like I am - doesn't matter who you are... I just need a good support system.

So again, feel free to add me. Also, if you can, leave me some comments with some tips/stories about recovery - I could really use it.

Thanks.

Replies

• neuro_nut
    neuro_nut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting down the road to recovery! If you haven't already, I would suggest seeking help from a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. It's very hard to do this on your own. While I have never had an ED, I have struggled with somewhat disordered eating throughout my life. Feel free to add me :)
  • myed_recovery
    Options
    Congrats on starting down the road to recovery! If you haven't already, I would suggest seeking help from a therapist who specializes in eating disorders. It's very hard to do this on your own. While I have never had an ED, I have struggled with somewhat disordered eating throughout my life. Feel free to add me :)

Unfortunately, I'm not financially able to find therapy right now. I've just moved to a new area and am getting on my feet with work and everything else so I'm going to try to go about this by myself first. Added.
  • cynthiapullin5
    Options
    Hello, my name is Cyndi and I am in a similar situation. I've been struggling with bulimia for over a year and a half now, and I really want to quit the binge/purge cycle. I'd love to find/give some support towards recovery on my fitness pal :)
  • beastmarie
    beastmarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a 20 year old girl and i've struggled with bulimia for 3-4 years and this past year I've really been focusing on trying to recover. I would love to have a good support system too, feel free to add me :)
  • VanellopeeVonSchweetz
    Options
    I would love any of you to add me if you like. I currently struggle with bulimia nervosa. Beforehand I was diagnosed with Anorexia binge purge sub type. But currently (and for the last 2 years) I am more accurately diagnosed with Bulimia nervosa due to the behaviors that differ from my past diagnoses of Anorexia Nervosa.

Support is definitely a necessity in any ED recovery :)