Anyone else trying to lose about 7lb and get fitter?

Options
Hi,

I'm newish here - I'd really like to return to the weight I used to be so that my clothes fit me better - but could do with moral support as I'm finding it hard now I'm in my 40s.

The plan is to eat healthily (doh!) and step up the exercise - will be going on a ski-ing holiday in December so would like to be fitter too.

Anyone else trying to do the same thing and would like to join me?

Replies

• Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Hi! I am mainly just trying to get fitter too ^u^v There is a thread full of girls who aren't actually overweight, but just trying to get fitter. I would love to join you in the "get fit" club! :tongue:

My problem area is a poochy belly. 7kg down, not a cm of difference :(
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Read this user's blog posting on belly fat. Sounds like she found a method that works to target belly: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/goldspaula/view/holy-cow-it-really-works-47284
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    My last five pounds are driving me crazy. Plus, my exercise is sporadic. Time to kick it up. I'm with you! Let's do it! Friend me, please! =)
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm already exercising a lot but my down fall is chocolate and alcohol! LOL.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Read this user's blog posting on belly fat. Sounds like she found a method that works to target belly: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/goldspaula/view/holy-cow-it-really-works-47284

Thanks! I am going to start speed walking at intervals on my way to and from work (3 times a week) and see if it works!
  • Debx12345
    Debx12345 Posts: 210
    Options
    I'm exactly the same, in my early forties and that last seven pounds refuses to budge no matter what I do. Got that nasty jelly belly as well.
  • carmen1485
    Options
    Hi

I'd be really happy to join you. I'm looking to lose somewhere between 7-12lb and will stop when I feel comfortable and those nice black jeans fit well enough to be able to sit down *and* eat in them. At the moment I'm not entirely sure where that point is. I'm also looking to get a lot fitter because I love that lean feel in my muscles and the way I feel about myself when I can run and dance and not be breathless.

Carmen
  • jacywilson
    Options
    Hi! I am also just trying to lose those few pesky pounds that are harder and harder to lose as I get closer to 50! I know I don't look over-weight but I feel kind of pudgy and sluggish. I like the feeling of being lean and looking good in my jeans!
  • IrinaPA
    IrinaPA Posts: 19
    Options
    Same here- I would like to loose 10 pounds, 2 are gone already.
    So, what's the best way to do it, people?
  • Busybusybee
    Busybusybee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi again everyone - thanks for the messages. Shall we set some rules for ourselves? Here are mine:

- Log my food/exercise every day here
    - Don't get too busy/stressed out that I reach for the chocolate/wine - try yoga instead!
    - Plan ahead so I always have healthy options available
    - Eat regularly
    - Exercise to get fit, but don't exercise just to burn calories
    - Have the occasional, planned treat
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Those are good goals!

I will make some too:

~Log in every day
    ~Eat more small meals more frequently (I think I will redo my diary to have more meals)
    ~Wake up and go to bed at the same time (sometimes I go for 24+ hours without sleeping - don't feel tired, but I know it's bad!)
    ~Try to find calorie info before eating street food, because a lot of them are surprisingly high!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!!!! I am not trying to lose a lot either! I would love to join the "party"!

In 2 months i've lost 8.5 lbs! I've been walking my pups more (good for them and me!), taking the stairs, and logging my food! THAT'S IT!

However, I feel that I've been slacking lately and need a bit of extra encouragement!

My goals -

-drink my water
    -quit smoking (day 1 today!)
    -think before I eat
    -cut down on eating out/make better choices when I do
    -Sears Tower (Willis Tower now...eh) Climb in 13 days!!!
    -add at least 15 min of exercise in per day

Good Luck everyone!
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oo yes can I join too? I wanted to lose 14 lbs. I've got 6.5 to go and theyre taking SO LONG!
    Think I'm going to make my aims...
    - Cut down/cut out the alcohol (am 21 so this is not particularly appealing :tongue: )
    - Eat more in the morning, less at night
    - Don't get caught in the trap of eating too few net calories and getting stuck in a plateau again!