1 year from woah to wow!

Options
My story is long and honest and true and I've written it out before. Cliff notes below.

1 year ago right around this time I was fat sick and miserable. Only I didn't know it. Funny how you can look in a mirror every day and not see it. My wake up call was last Thanksgiving weekend, when I fell out of bed and was unable to walk straights, see straight or talk properly. I changed everything. I still struggle everyday to keep myself healthy and have good and bad days Everyday is a struggle to eat enough. But when I saw a picture of myself yesterday I was floored at the difference a year can make. Despite the battles, the migraines, the fight to eat enough.. I managed to pull through with healthy rather then skinny. I am still surprised. I do not think i was this small in high school even. I am not done.. This is a war, not a battle. I'll continue to make the decision to keep myself thin, healthy and happy. I have embraced this new way of living and can't even imagine going back to how I was. I don't know how I ever sat around all day and did nothing, now i climb the walls if I'm home too long. I don't feel my best if I don't get exercise everyday. I love it and i'm never going to look back.

So without further ado.. here the proof.

November 2012
[img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/JPeterson52899/Facebook/The Incredible Shrinking Woman/228207_10151486394434455_472734184_n.jpg[/img]

November 2013
112313035_zpsd19abdca.jpg

Replies

• Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done, your post tells as much as your pictures do, it is amazing how a little hard work can go a long way. Awesome effort so far, and yes it really is quite addicting, almost so much so that its hard to take a break sometimes I find.
  • hhwnow
    hhwnow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fabulous!
  • DavidSroka80
    Options
    Wow, great job! Crongrats. I'm sure you worked very hard for this result. Keep up the good work maintaining.
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BRILLIANT!!!! Looking good xx
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    Bravo!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats. You look fantastic!
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a difference a year can make,
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Thank you :~)

I still have that "i'm the big girl" mentality. But I imagine that will go away too.
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Amazing !!! Great Job :) Happy for You !!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Well done, your post tells as much as your pictures do, it is amazing how a little hard work can go a long way. Awesome effort so far, and yes it really is quite addicting, almost so much so that its hard to take a break sometimes I find.

that is so true.. I have the hardest time taking a rest day.. I *should * take one today.. but i just got dressed for the gym. It's only 8am and i'm already tired of these walls. I just need to finish my coffee.

My demons/emotions will no longer dictate my life. I will silence them and keep them silenced. Come hell or high water.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    My story is long and honest and true and I've written it out before. Cliff notes below.

1 year ago right around this time I was fat sick and miserable. Only I didn't know it. Funny how you can look in a mirror every day and not see it. My wake up call was last Thanksgiving weekend, when I fell out of bed and was unable to walk straights, see straight or talk properly. I changed everything. I still struggle everyday to keep myself healthy and have good and bad days Everyday is a struggle to eat enough. But when I saw a picture of myself yesterday I was floored at the difference a year can make. Despite the battles, the migraines, the fight to eat enough.. I managed to pull through with healthy rather then skinny. I am still surprised. I do not think i was this small in high school even. I am not done.. This is a war, not a battle. I'll continue to make the decision to keep myself thin, healthy and happy. I have embraced this new way of living and can't even imagine going back to how I was. I don't know how I ever sat around all day and did nothing, now i climb the walls if I'm home too long. I don't feel my best if I don't get exercise everyday. I love it and i'm never going to look back.

So without further ado.. here the proof.

November 2012
    [img]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b496/JPeterson52899/Facebook/The Incredible Shrinking Woman/228207_10151486394434455_472734184_n.jpg[/img]

November 2013
    112313035_zpsd19abdca.jpg
    u look great!!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Thank you :) It's more how i feel though.. like a whole different person.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    love love love the subject and your hardwork ;')
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I loved your honesty in this post. It is a war every day for a lot of us! I know I can relate. You look wonderful. Way to embrace the tough but healthy lifestyle <3
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    so happy you found the strength and stamina to turn your life around. All the best for the future healthy you. It is soooo worth it isn't it? :flowerforyou:
  • BenPolonowski
    BenPolonowski Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Simply spectacular. Beyond the beauty on the outside, the obvious ignition of a passion for living is inspiring. March on!!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    You are fabulous and beautiful! congratulations on your success and never give up because you are worth it! Great job :heart:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I loved your honesty in this post. It is a war every day for a lot of us! I know I can relate. You look wonderful. Way to embrace the tough but healthy lifestyle <3

Thank you. This is the hardest part of the year for me. So I needed to see this and realize it. It'll help me get through this month. I fall down.. everyone does... it how you get back up that matters.
    so happy you found the strength and stamina to turn your life around. All the best for the future healthy you. It is soooo worth it isn't it? :flowerforyou:

It's completely worth it. Every blessed second.
  • MrsSDolan
    MrsSDolan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! Well done :-) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!