How often do people have treats

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I don't categorize food as "good" or "bad" so I have "treats" whenever. I have calorie goals and macro goals and I hit those...how I hit those is irrelevant so long as I'm getting proper nutrition. If all of my nutritional needs have been met, I don't get extra credit for more broccoli and I don't get dinged for having a handful of jelly beans.

This
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I don't categorize food as "good" or "bad" so I have "treats" whenever. I have calorie goals and macro goals and I hit those...how I hit those is irrelevant so long as I'm getting proper nutrition. If all of my nutritional needs have been met, I don't get extra credit for more broccoli and I don't get dinged for having a handful of jelly beans.
    Same here. I eat gelato, cookies and cheeseburgers every day regardless of my goals. I'm a minimalist in some aspects of life - but definitely not in terms of fat loss and calories.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Every day!
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want so long as I record it and it fits my calorie budget. This is a life change in eating habits but I am not going to deny myself things for the rest of my life. A LITTLE of what you fancy etc
  • Irenaekl
    Irenaekl Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    These "treats" are designed to be physically addictive. Most people on this site will disagree with me, but i view those items the same way a recovering alcoholic views whiskey. One is too many, and a thousand is never enough.

That's a very sweeping statement and does not apply to everyone. It may do if you have that sort of personality but denying yourself only makes you want it more.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into my calories and macros, I'll have it... some of it. If you deprive yourself of everything 'bad', it is more likely for you to fail because you MISS IT. Moderation is key and if you occasionally indulge, you won't miss anything and won't fall back into bad habits, you'll learn new good ones! Such as fun size candy bars... Moderation.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    all the time
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Daily. Otherwise I'd feel so deprived that I'd go right back to my bad old habits.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have a "major" treat about once a week. Like a mini DQ blizzard, boutique cupcake, or a large slice of pie. This is usually on a weekend day and fits my calories due to extra exercise on the weekends.

I have small treats almost daily. These would include a piece of chocolate with 150 cal or less, "treat yogurt" like 3 oz of noosa strawberry rhubarb or a 100 cal Chobani Bites with chocolate bits in it...a Clif Kids Z bar, or a single homemade cookie.
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    Whenever I want them.

A diet where you are always restricting yourself from the foods you love is bound to fail. Maybe not for everyone, some people can handle it but I know I can't.

I love my chips, cookies, and treats way too much to ever restrict them. Needless to say portions are important to consider as well. Instead of a giant bag of chips, a dozen cookies, 2 big candy bars, etc. Try a snack size bag of chips, one cookie, 1 candy bar and so on. That's what I find works for me.

A diet is something that has to be sustainable for life, meaning if you can't see yourself staying away from your favorite treats for the rest of your life then you probably won't be able to.

Food is amazing and delicious, so don't stress about treats and just enjoy life.
  • Mollysous
    Options
    As long as it fits into my daily calories budget, I eat whatever I want. IMO having foods that are forever and always forbidden is counterproductive. I don't want to feel deprived or punished.

Ditto. I'm not overweight because I hate food. :) If I had to give up the things I love, I wouldn't be able to do it. Moderation is my new motto.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I eat treats everyday as long as it fits. and I eat chili cheeseburgers and fries probably once a week. I eat what I can fit in my calories.
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into my daily calories budget, I eat whatever I want. IMO having foods that are forever and always forbidden is counterproductive. I don't want to feel deprived or punished.

Agree with this.. if you feel deprived you could binge and ruin the good work. Enjoy a little of what you fancy and try stay within your daily cals.
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    if it fits your calories/macros why not, i find that its better for me to give into my cravings because i end up eating other things instead to distract me and end up going for it anyway.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I don't go a single day without eating some candy, having some ice cream, or something like that. I need it, psychologically, and am much happier when I have my sugar to look forward to. The difference is, I eat a limited quantity of it, and I plan for it. Some people find sweets or other snacks/treats to be too triggering for them, and so they choose to cut those things out entirely. Ultimately, you have to do what works best for you, but there's no reason to give up the things that make you happy.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    These "treats" are designed to be physically addictive. Most people on this site will disagree with me, but i view those items the same way a recovering alcoholic views whiskey. One is too many, and a thousand is never enough.

But not everybody is an addict.
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Treats have enabled me to lose what i have never lost before!
    I have 1-3 daily. If it won't quite fit in my calories for the day, i will often go do some more exercise so it will!
    Could not have done this without my treats.........
  • Solbina
    Solbina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Everyday i have abit of dark chocolate! Helps me to hit my macro haha
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to my macros and I'll eat anything as long as I get close to them. I am on a 1000 a day deficit so if I go over my daily limit by a few hundred I will still be well below my TDEE (total calories my body uses) so I'm going to be safe. The thing is this is a lifetime project so I'm not going to give myself a hard time about anything I do as long as the vast majority of time I stick to my macros I don't worry about anything :-)