HEALTHIER BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS

Options
kkay3182
kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
Found this on webmd/eatingwell Thought I would share for the times when a little fried something will do:

2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
3 tablespoons hot sauce, divided
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, divided
2 pounds chicken tenders
6 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
6 tablespoons cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
2 cups carrot sticks
2 cups celery sticks
MAKES 8 SERVINGS OF 2 CHICKEN PCS 1/2 CUP VEGETABLES AND 2 TABLESPOON DIP
FOR: 223 CALORIES, 7G FAT (2 SATURATED) cholesterol 75mg carbohydrates 12g fiber 2g protien 29g sodium 270mg

directions:
1.To prepare dip: Whisk sour cream, blue cheese, 1 tablespoon vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

2 To prepare wings: Whisk buttermilk, 2 tablespoons hot sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, whisk flour and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.

3 Remove the chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until evenly coated. (Discard remaining marinade and flour mixture.) Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon cayenne.

4 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, placing each piece in a little oil. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and chicken, reducing the heat if necessary to prevent burning. Transfer to the platter. Drizzle the chicken with the reserved hot sauce mixture.

:)

Replies

• Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this, thanks! I just love anything buffalo chicken. And I do miss fried stuff once in a while.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Sounds really good! Thanks!