Time Lapse Video - 50 lb Weight Loss

Options
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOf-evXTuA

Last February I downloaded the myfitnesspal app on my iPhone and started tracking my calories. It was a life-changing experience. I had put on about 20 lb. in 3 months and was becoming worried about my health. I was 5'10" tall and 204 lb. and headed in the wrong direction. I decided to document the process by weighing myself and taking a photo every day. I turned those photos into a time lapse video.

I am currently 160 and feel much healthier. I continue to use the app to maintain my weight. I could not have done it without myfitnesspal. I was fairly good at exercising, but horrible at controlling how many calories I was eating. The app made it possible to stay focused on my goals even when times were tough. Thanks so much for giving me the tools that I needed to get fit.

Replies

• emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    that was really interesting to watch, good idea taking a photo every day
  • lauraedu
    lauraedu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love the video!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That was cool to see. Great work!!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    awesome vid! Great idea and well done on the weight loss!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First off, that was an amazing video!

Secondly, great job!!! You look fantastic and should be very, very proud of yourself!
  • twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well done, fab video lol!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great! I bet you feel great too.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Very cool idea, James. I love the placement of the before/after labels and the green hat on St. Patty's Day. LOL. Congrats on your success.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Awesome video.
  • jknott1203
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive responses. It feels good to hear all of your kind words. I started losing weight for my health, but a cool "side-effect" was that I became a much faster mountain bike racer because of all my weight loss. I ended up starting a blog about how losing weight could make you a much better athlete. This has completely changed the direction of my life. It's nice to have a community where we can talk about our successes. Here is a little bit of my story, with respect to my biking that is. :)

http://quickdirt.com/about/
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome transformation! I love the video too!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!