Hello! 26 year old Bride to Be looking for new friends for

Options
Hello there! I am Helen, 26, and looking for some myfitnesspal friends. I work at a court during the day and go to law school at night which means it is very difficult for me to find time to work out. But I have been doing well by going to the gym about 3 times a week with an added day on the weekend going for a walk. I am getting married to my soulmate Paul on 10/14/11 so it is more important than ever that I shed the weight. I have lost about 70lbs from my highest weight about a year or 2 ago and have been plateauing ever since. I need an extra kick to lose weight before my wedding dress fitting in July, I'd like to lose 70lbs by then, and a total of 105lbs until my goal weight.

Come and be friends with me :)

Replies

• stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! And congratulations on the upcoming wedding!!! This is a great place for support and personal accountability. Good job carving out some time in your schedule to go the gym. I find that making time for myself is half the battle. Good luck on your journey!

(friending you, by the way :smile: )
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome :)
    im a bride to be aswell although we haven't set a date yet haha but its possibly 2012 so iv got slightly longer than you to lose a similar amount of weight! hope this site is as helpful for you as it has been for me so far :)
  • sarrah2903
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and I can definitely say you've come to the right place for support.
    I also want to say well done on fitting in the gym 3 times week in your busy schedule! Having been to law school myself, I am so impressed you've fitted in workouts to your schedule with your heavy workload!

With the determination you're showing already I am certain you will reach your goal.

Good Luck!!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! I got married last year and the stress of it all was nuts!
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the upcoming wedding. I am engaged as well, but we still have yet to determine a date for the wedding. Hopefully you will find lots of support and success here at MFP. Good Luck!
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Welcome. You'll find a lot of support here! :)
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words already! I am really glad I signed up!
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I just signed up a few days ago as well, but I've been using the app on the ipod touch for about 6 months. I'll friend you - my first friend on MFP haha. Good luck with everything!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You're definitely in the right place to loose those pounds before your big day! Lots of luck x
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I received your friend request, and I am happy you are here! This is a great site for encouragement and accountability!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • moovelous
    moovelous Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello there!! I am finally on and counting calories and exercise holy cow lol :) --thank you for pointing the way and hope we can make miracles come true together and with newfiound friends here!!! Good luck!!!!
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be your friend. Please add me.
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You made a great choice starting MFP. It's such a wonderful tool. Welcome! Feel free to add me as a MFP friend! I have 2 MFP friends who are also law students. This is a great, supportive community. You will love it!
  • laura230972
    Options
    Hi, I've just joined the site today (while at work so no photo uploaded yet!), im 26 next monday and have just set a date for my wedding - May 12th 2012, so it sounds liek we have a lot in common!

I have been trying to eat right and do exercise since Jan '10 (New Years Resolution!) and in April I was asked to be a bridesmiad for my friend in Feburary (3 months to go!). So far on my own ive lost 20lbs, but ive found it so so hard!
    Ive signed up today as ive started Diet Chef to try to control my portions as i think that's where im going wrong!

I was originally 208lbs, im currently188lbs, and my goal for Feburary is 175lbs.

I then hope to be down to 150lbs for my own wedding.

70lbs is an amazing weight loss on your own!! You must have some awesome willpower!!

p.s im going to try to post my ticker (1st time!) i think i just copy and paste the link right?...here goes!

2691656.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • moovelous
    Options
    hey kiddo how are you doing? I had a hard night tonight where I wanted to eat the whole kitchen but I limited myself to 2 jellos and an apple......thinking of you and your wedding helped a lot! hope you did well today also and ate well- I know you went to the gym- excellent! love you!-mom
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! And great job on finding time to workout while working and going to law school...you inspire me (send a little willpower my way :wink: )

Adding you as a friend right now...
  • moovelous
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7582440
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I'm 27, and I'm probably getting married to my bf in a year or two. Feel free to add me.