does anyone lose less than a pound a week?!

Options
i have been on here for a few months and my weight loss is really slow. Every week i lose around 0.5 - 1 pound. and the past few weeks i havent lost anything. yes some days i eat 1600-1800 calories but MOST days i eat around 1200, and i walk for over an hour every day.

i dont have a lot to lose, im small 5'4" and 8 stone, but my clothes are too tight and am trying to lose my final 7 pounds. At the rate im going it seems this will never happen?

Any other small people not able to lose weight?

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not small, but some weeks I lose less than a pound. As long as the numbers keep moving down, we're a success in my book!
  • scrapdreams
    Options
    I'm average build, but my weight loss is always slow - I average .5 lb a week. So you aren't alone!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am not slow,but my loss is just like yours!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    If you're losing 1/2 lb. a week, you're in good health and will be much happier with your end result. If you have the patience, by the time you get to your desired weight you will look very lean losing weight very gradually like that.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    slow is what wins this race.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This week I only lost .2, last week I lost 2 lbs... and before that nothing. It really depends. I measure myself. For example, I measure once a month and this month I lost an inch off of my waist and hips and thighs. That is success in my books.
  • lkwilkey
    Options
    my weightloss hit a plateau once here is 4 things i learned and they work

1. keep writing in your journal or on mfp

2. add a new snack or meal to your rotation just do something different. your body needs a shock it gets used to the same thing.

3. always choose whole grains over refined carbs-like white bread,pasta,an sugar sweetened anything. totally for just 3-5 days can give your metabolism a kick.

4. add 10-15minute to your current exercise routine to burn more calories..this one is my favorite it helps the best I do it more than anything. also I have bought a belt and shorts that you wear that make you sweat it really make you sweat. you can lose 2-3pounds week easily wearing these.
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    the less you have to lose the slower it comes off...be patient and keep up the hard work :)
  • eannes
    eannes Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes, same here. My weight loss goal is the same as yours (17 lbs) and the closer I get, the slower I lose. The body just doesn't seem to like to give up those last pounds. All we can do is just keep with it and know that we are continuing to live a healthy lifestyle even if the scale is fighting us.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some strength training to your routine?
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this but I didn't read all the way down. Maybe you are hitting your plateau meaning, you need to not eat 1600-1800. Stick to your 1200 (remember, the more you workout the more you can eat). and do more high intensity workouts. More cardio, some low impact but high rep strength training. Just some things to take into consideration :)
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, my body just doesnt seem to want to weigh under 8 stone! i think i will up my exercise and try some strength training so my metabolism rises
  • sereney
    sereney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I too am of a smaller frame. I was stuck at no weight loss for about 3 weeks and now it is a pound or less a week loss. It was becoming very frustrating, so I increased my exercise and changed a few things up as far as eating. I found that watching my sugar and fat intake, I tend to do better. I also measure myself monthly. Seeing the numbers decrease on a measuring tape is just as important as seeing them decrease on the scale. Don't give up!! Remember you did not put on the weight over night so it is going to take time for it to come off as well.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    im aiming to maintain now but before i was similar to you, 5'6 and trying to get down to around 110 and towards the end i was lucky to lose 0.2 in a week but keep going. youll get there :) i found that even though the weight loss was sooo slow i was still losing inches through exercise
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same position. I hae been stuck, more or less, for about a month.. I usually stick very close to goal and when I do go over, it really isn't by more than 20-300 calories on average. I exercise at most days - usually with an afternoon fast walk and evening workout session. I lost .6 lbs last week and since Thursday, I have 'gained' over a lb - I don't think it is real weight but it can be very discouraging. I am trying hard not to be upset though. I didn't gain my weight a lb a week, it was much more gradual, so my loss will likely be just as gradual. I am going to stick with this as is - knowing some weeks will be better than others. I am proud (or at least trying to be) of just having incorporated so many healthier habits into my life .. the rest will take care of itself.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes I am losing slowly too. I lose about a pound and a half every couple of weeks. But, its a program I can live with and the weight loss is a bonus.