Just introducing myself!

Options
Hi, I'm Erica. I live in Dallas. I had been on another diet plan for 8 months (won't mention which one), and I wasn't really loosing the weight, so, and this was a tough decision, I decided to cancel my membership, and try counting calories....and I've been feeling better. I feel like my body is getting rid of all the bad stuff...in some way. Anyways, I was wondering if there are any girls or guys that would like to be buddies on here (that sounds lame)... I feel like I need more support than just my family.

Anyone interested?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • hamila
    hamila Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome to here!
  • sudafee
    Options
    I'm new too. I was probably a member of the same program. Welcome and good luck.
  • TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey I am new also.... good luck
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Amazingly enough, it's easier to count calories and to see what it is you're eating than to go with programs who supply you with the boxed foods and such for the simple reason you're able to learn how to eat healthy and to think about what you put in your body before you actually put it in your mouth.
    WE ALL need more support than what we can get from family; those who are going through the same thing as you understand that much more.

Anyway, welcome to MFP:)
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....I have tried a ton of different diets and I have learned on thing since being on here, it is not about dieting it is about a lifestyle change.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and i love it. This site has been great for me so far and everyone is so helpful and nice. I have found that the calorie counter is much easier for me as well (my wife does the points thing and that just confuses me for some reason)
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also new to mfp and I absolutely love it. I am 45 years old and I have been married to my wonderful husband for 25 years this coming Thursday. We have 2 children and are expecting our 1st grandchild in December. I love all the support and motivation everyone gives to each other. I was so excited with this site I have told everyone I know about it. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • erikaj819
    Options
    welcome Erica! I am new also, i am finding that MFP is great at keeping track of things and hope to reach all of my weight goals using this site. Good luck in your journey, there are a lot of supportive people here!!!! Everyone has been wonderful. If you want to, I am trying to do a November Challenge and you are more then welcome to join we could use a few more people!!
    Good luck!
    Erika