need support

Options
Looking to shed over 100 lbs and need support. Workout plans,stories, any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I definitely let myself go over the past few years and I'm ready to get back to a healthy weight... for good! Despite my current out-of-shapeness I always read about healthy stuff and I'm a wealth of knowledge about changing your diet from whatever it is now to a permanently healthy way of eating. I'm a firm believer that diets do not work. People get way too hungry and end up stuffing their face and giving up hope. The best way to lose weight is by making a change in the way you eat entirely. Load up on low cal good for you foods. If I were to eat a huge bag of chips at 1600 calories, I'd be hungry in an hour... but I dare you to try to eat 1600 calories of vegetables. You would feel way too full before you ate even half of it. The sheer quantity would fill your stomach.

A lot of people think eating healthy means sacrificing flavor but it's not true at all! It just means sacrificing most sugar and chemicals. The best foods to stock up on are lean protein like chicken breast and fish, fiber (beans and leafy vegetables are great for this!) and even healthy fats from avocado, olive oil and nuts. Fat doesn't make you fat. Too many calories makes you fat. Healthy fats, lean proteins and fiber help trigger your stomach to feel satisfied and stave off hunger for much longer than carbs. Also, carbs aren't bad for most people when losing weight, they just don't make you feel full... I don't worry so much about getting all of my carbs every day as I do about fiber, protein and fat. And I usually try to eat fruit or whole grain foods like oatmeal with some peanut butter, brown sugar and cocoa powder if I'm craving carbs.

If you want any recipe ideas, let me know what kinds of food you like and I can give you some. I love to cook and I'm pretty damn good at it! 100lbs is a lot to work toward, keep at it and don't give up hope! It may even be easier to work on 25lbs for now and then once you succeed at that move your goal to 50lbs. That way you feel like you're making progress. It's so easy to feel excited and much more encouraging when you only have 5lbs to go to meet your first goal of 25lbs!! It's much more difficult to get excited about a 20 pound weight loss if you still have 80 to go. Good luck! Don't give up!
  • truss08
    Options
    Hey guys!! My name is Christine!!!
  • bookworm60135
    Options
    Hey,

You can do it. I lost 75lbs 10 years ago. I went from 225# to 145# I found that journaling helped me. I ate most of the same things I did before, just cut down on the quantity. Figure ways to eat what you like without feeling deprived. Otherwise you set yourself up to fail.

I've gotten careless and I'm here to lose 20 I've gained back.
  • lisamarietn1227
    Options
    New to this and i need friends.
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    hey I lost 94 pounds its been 5 years-and for me it was writing and working out-and making good food choices-it has become a lifestyle-I go the gym-I do weights cardio-and love zumba-if you would have ask me 5 years ago I wanted believe I was even saying good food choices-I put a couple pounds back on 5-and I know I am human-I eat a lot of chicken fruit ,veg- I love green diet tea-I eat oatmeal are greek yogurt for breakfast-but anything I eat I write-try taking small goals for yourself-when you lose 5 pounds reward yourself not with food- and know you can do it-like I said I put 5 pounds back on-and I am working to take it off-
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.