How would you spend $600 left in your FSA in November?

Options
How would you spend $600 left in your FSA at the end of the year? I'm not talking about the HSA, just the flex acct. What are some things that someone wouldn't think of? For instance, I got a blood pressure cuff and a pulse oximeter. Anything else you can think of? Any special testing you'd run out and get? Anything fitness-related?

Replies

• rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    glasses, contacts, prescription sun glasses. Vit D blood test. I could wipe out 500 dollars on one pair of glasses. skin check and treatment for sumdamage/skin cancer. Medically recommended massage or PT. The rules changed a bit so first aid supplies and over the counter stuff doesn't count anymore. Read the fine print of your plan.
  • rocky503
    Options
    If prescribed maybe could write off weight loss associated cost such as weight watcher's or a fitness service (classes)
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor
    Braces (if you have bad joints)
    Flu shot
    Humidifier
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    First aid kits are also covered as are over the counter birth control.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    glasses, contacts, prescription sun glasses. Vit D blood test. I could wipe out 500 dollars on one pair of glasses. skin check and treatment for sumdamage/skin cancer. Medically recommended massage or PT. The rules changed a bit so first aid supplies and over the counter stuff doesn't count anymore. Read the fine print of your plan.

$500 for glasses??? :noway: You can get LASIK for that price!

Thanks for the tips. I didn't think about the HRM. I'm certainly gonna check on that and a few other things, including the massage and weight loss stuff. My doc was going to refer me to a physical therapist for hip pain. She thought that he would tell me the same thing, that the pain would persist until I lost more weight. Hopefully, that will count as a valid claim.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Body fat test.

this....me me me me
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Botox
  • rocky503
    Options
    Not where I live Lasik would be at least 2,000 and up. Any way with my prescription, add ons like thinner lenses etc. it adds up. I',m really blind.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tips. I didn't think about the HRM. I'm certainly gonna check on that and a few other things, including the massage and weight loss stuff. My doc was going to refer me to a physical therapist for hip pain. She thought that he would tell me the same thing, that the pain would persist until I lost more weight. Hopefully, that will count as a valid claim.

It has been 3 year since I got my LASIK done, but I don't think the price has come down that much. Mine was about $1500 an eye, and I would be paranoid to pay less! Eye surgery isn't something you want to find the lowest bidder for! Best decision in my life, though!!! Completely glasses and contacts free for 3 years!!!! I could actually read the clock when I sat up from the table!!! My mom got it after I did, and she still needs reading glasses, but she went from nearly legally blind with an astigmatism to only needing reading glasses!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    DEXA scan for body fat.

I paid $3600 for LASIX for both eyes. Never bargain shop for surgery lol
  • fullersun60
    Options

It has been 3 year since I got my LASIK done, but I don't think the price has come down that much. Mine was about $1500 an eye, and I would be paranoid to pay less! Eye surgery isn't something you want to find the lowest bidder for! Best decision in my life, though!!! Completely glasses and contacts free for 3 years!!!! I could actually read the clock when I sat up from the table!!! My mom got it after I did, and she still needs reading glasses, but she went from nearly legally blind with an astigmatism to only needing reading glasses!

I agree. Anyone that will charge just $500 for LASIK is not somewhere I would go. Mine was $4500 about three years ago. I went to the best guy in town.
  • DavidSroka80
    Options
    I would use it to pay bills.