How are you gonna handle the holidays?

Options
2»

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    The day is called Thanksgiving for a reason. It is a time to be with family and friends and reflect on your blessings. I will eat what I want only much less of it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy spending time with my family and friends and be thankful for everything I have. I am not going to stress over calories that day. If, after more than 2 years of logging calories, I can't manage to eat reasonably and without stress for one day then it's a pretty sad state of affairs.
  • robinsondel
    Options
    I'm going to eat, then I'm going to work, then I'm going to eat again, then I am going to the gym. I won't be stuffing myself until I pass out, like in the past, but I'm not going to refuse to eat anything that I really want, that I usually only get on a holiday. I'm not going to do the normal, multiple meals at different places all week this year, just going to do Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. For someone who has over 200lbs to lose, I'm not going to make myself crazy and I'm not going to create a new version of an eating disorder by stressing over certain foods on a few days a year. What I have come to realize, it's not the 10 days of celebratory meals each year,that has made me fat the past 36 years, it's the other 355 days of each year, of overeating and eating crap that has made me fat over the past 36 years.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    The holidays are the perfect time to bulk up! My plan is to gain about 2kg from November - December
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Do what I always do: enjoy myself! ;)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I am not going to care about calories and eat what I want.

and PIE

and more pie.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Well, Thanksgiving is one day and Christmas is one day....I'm not too worried...that's only 2 days out of 365...pretty sure they're irrelevant in the grand scheme.

Also, If you're really worried just start pumping some iron and eat all the foodz...muscles are awesome.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Log most of the days. Don't log the parties. Understand that one or two days means nothing compared to 365 days. Be thankful I have family to celebrate with and food to eat.

QFT!!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oven mitts
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I plan on enjoying the time with my family. Food is secondary. I will treat it like any other situation. I will eat what I want with in reason and I will enjoy every bite. I also won't log much in December, I will practice portion control.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat all the food! One day will not slow me down. Well, two days, I'm going to eat all the food Christmas too.
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What I have come to realize, it's not the 10 days of celebratory meals each year,that has made me fat the past 36 years, it's the other 355 days of each year, of overeating and eating crap that has made me fat over the past 36 years.

Amen to that, bro! As for me, I'm on a very strict diet at this point - as is my husband - and both of our families live are out of province/country so cheating will not be a problem. It'll just be like any other day for us. In fact, I think I work a bunch of the holidays this year, so it really WILL be like any other day (work days = have to bring food to work and therefore MUST stay true). My real source of celebration will be staying faithful to my exercise routine. I'm rockin this 6-days a week routine that I want to keep up with at LEAST until Christmas. By then it should be such a habit that it won't be such a big deal to keep up with it.

Either way, the fact that people are even thinking and planning for the holidays shows remarkable strength and determination. And that in itself is cause to be proud, people! ^_^
  • GrandmaDoris
    GrandmaDoris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hopefully to behave, but if not, remember that it's only one day and get back on my meal plans the next day
    :smile: .
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm cheating. I'm changing my goal from Maintain to Gain .5lb a week. Three pounds aren't going to kill me. I've lost them before, I can do it again.
  • kirschkuchen
    kirschkuchen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll take them one decision at a time. If I want to eat more than I usually do, I'll do it because it was a conscious decision without guilt or sliding down the binge slope for entire days. Dessert on Christmas or booze on New Year's Eve is not my enemy. Mindless eating and cultivating bad habits are.
  • CristinAndrus
    CristinAndrus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat what I want, but balance out the portions. No stuffing myself. I'll be working out first thing in the morning since I'll be having out of town guests in the home for 4 days. We're also going to bring them to the gym with us :)
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating the same as I do regularly - no sugar, no grains, no junk - and I'll be happy about it. When I used to eat those things I had brain fog & ached all over. Why would I want to deprive myself of feeling good (not to mention looking like a completely different person!) for even one day?

The junk no longer temps me at all even when it is all around me. Getting it out of my system & sticking to unprocessed foods eliminated the desire & cravings for junk.
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating the same as I do regularly - no sugar, no grains, no junk - and I'll be happy about it. When I used to eat those things I had brain fog & ached all over. Why would I want to deprive myself of feeling good (not to mention looking like a completely different person!) for even one day?

The junk no longer temps me at all even when it is all around me. Getting it out of my system & sticking to unprocessed foods eliminated the desire & cravings for junk.
    this is the only person that said there no gonna go all out and cheat .. i solute you bro
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

this is the only person that said there no gonna go all out and cheat .. i solute you bro

Next time read all the responses...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I am going to pig out since I had the stomach bug on Monday & have a lot of leftover calories.