Chalean Extreme vs Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
Hi! :smile:

So I recently finished T25 and have been doing a little research on which program I should try next. I have done JM 30 Day Shred and don't mind her screaming at. Lol So I'm on the fence as to which one of these two programs would be a good follow up to T25. I certainly would like to step it up but don't want to kill myself, if you know what I mean.

Any input would be awesome!!

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what your goal is.

I've done both and prefer ChaLEAN Extreme because of its emphasis on strength training and muscle building. Heavy weights and lower reps.

Body Revolution uses lighter weights and higher reps and is much more cardio based.

Both are great programs though so I would say that it depends on your goals and what you like in a workout.

Feel free to friend me to pick my brain on both workouts!
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to say except that I love Body Revolution. I did it earlier this year, took a little break and am now going through it again.
    ...I also really want to try Chalean Extreme though. So good luck with whichever you do. They're both supposed to be great programs.
  • JChiarizio
    Options
    I'm starting Chalean Extreme after finishing up my last two weeks of T25 Gamma. We can do it together!
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I loved Chalean as it focuses on weights, and in the three different phases, you focus on burning, so higher reps and lighter weight, then Push, where you go heavy on the weights, and less reps, and then Lean that brings it all together and more functional moves...
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    you guys, does CLX have a lot of jumping?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    you guys, does CLX have a lot of jumping?

No- definitely not in the weight workouts. I don't do the cardio ones so not sure about those.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wanna take a break from Shaun T workouts which have a lot of jumping. Don't get me wrong, I love his workouts but when I finish T25, my knee definitely needs a break! LOL :flowerforyou:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start T25 tomorrow- if it arrives in the post.
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't know CLX but I'm just coming to the end of JMBR and I've really seen a difference in my shape, strength and endurance. She's not as shouty in it as some of her other DVD's, I think becoming a Mom must have mellowed her!
  • muffinsquee
    muffinsquee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can only give my opinion on JMBR which I started about two weeks ago, gotta tell you, I'm finding it to be incredibly boring and easy. I completed 30 day shred and ripped in 30 and I have found this to be less fun and interesting compared to those programs. It has become a chore for me so I am on the verge of giving it up so I can dedicate that time towards something else. I love Jillian and this has definetly been a disappointment for me, like no doubt if I stick to it I'll get results but I'd rather be spending my time on a different fitness thing that I actually enjoy.
  • cfeineigle
    cfeineigle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the feedback!! It's so hard to decide what to do next considering I did find T25 "hard" and certainly don't want to take a step back or take a step to far forward! Lol Not to mention neither program is considered "cheap" in my book and I would hate to spend hard earned dough on something I don't like. Definitely leaning towards the CLX over Jillian although I do love her. The weight training definitely sounds like something I would really like as all the cardio in T25 definitely kills me.
    Hope you have all a great Monday!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'd stick it out a little longer. If you've done ripped in 30 the first 4 workouts will probably be too easy. Things do get much tougher in workouts 5-12. I don't ever do anything below 5. 5 and 6 I'd say are a little easier than ripped with 7-12 all being as difficult or harder.
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump!!!