Best Fitness DVDs?

Options
Hello everyone, I am looking for some good workout DVDs. I'm in college, so nothing expensive! The only workout things I have is a Yoga Matt and my dumbbells, so no DVDs that require other things.

I just completed Jillian Micheals Ripped in 30, so I am looking for something else similar to this, but different because I like to change things up. I do like the circuit training but I'm willing to try out anything that works!

Replies

• silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels 30 day shred is a goodun, but ignore the '30 day' and just do it 3-4 times a week and progress to the next level when you're ready. also i like the 10 minute solution kickbox dvd - it has 5 different workouts that you can do separately or mix and match. both are around a fiver in the UK on dvd. 30 day shred does pop up on youtube as well so search to see if you like it before buying.

have fun!
  • navy_taxi
    Options
    Have you considered some of the other JM DVDs?

30DS is a pretty good (and cheap) investment and contains 3 20-ish minute workouts at varying levels. If your really feeling up for a challenge you can even pair up workouts (e.g. do Level 2 then Level 1 straight after).

Extreme Shed & Shred is one of my favourites. From reviews I've seen people tend to love it or hate it because of how much variation there is within the workout. Personally, I think Level 2 is a great mixture and nicely challenging (I can take or leave Level 1. The DVD is set up so you can do the warm-up + Level 1 and/or Level 2 + cool down).

I also have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which is entirely body weight based and good for mixing up cardio (plyometrics, kickboxing), core work (standing and on the floor) and bodyweight resistance moves.

To be honest, I haven't done any JM workouts in a while as I've been doing Turbo Fire. It comes with the minimal equipment you need but it does require an investment (around £65 from Amazon). Worth it if you are looking for something comprehensive, fun and varied (and I absolutely love the workouts) but this might not be within your budget.

If you like kickboxing-style workouts Taebo is an oldie but a goodie. Not as intense as stuff with more plyo, but still high intensity without being high impact. Plus trying to keep good form really helps with my balance and I always feel it in my obliques the next day!

Hope these give you some ideas!
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I was actually thinking about getting the Shed and Shred, but I couldn't find many reviews on it, but I think that might be my next investment.
  • navy_taxi
    Options
    Do it! It's pretty cheap so it's worth taking a chance. And I think it has a mix of moves that are innovative, tough(!) and help strength, cardiovascular fitness and flexibility. All you need is a set of dumbbells which you already have, so you're good to go.

Hope you enjoy it!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Use othercjillian Michael DVDs ....also YouTube ZWOW workouts by zuzana. She also have zcut cardio and strength dvds and they're quite good for short workouts.

Beach body programs are my fave but they're expensive.