Thanksgiving and crockpot

Options
Please help!! Don't usually cook for Thanksgiving ,I am always a guest but braved myself with the responsibility this year. I'm getting store bought cooked turkey breast, can't order ham. I am looking for anything that could replace the ham that can be cooked in a crockpot. Can somebody help??? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• MrsBingley
    Options
    Well, nothing that isn't ham will taste like ham, but if you want a pork dish for sandwiches, this might work:
    http://m.foodnetwork.com/recipes/660307
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Beef brisket can turn out REALLY good in a crockpot. Pot roast can be done in a crockpot. Once I had good pork chops from a crockpot, but that was just one time - I haven't been able to duplicate it. Meatballs in sauce are easy and have a good rate of success. And you might even be able to do barbecue chicken (with the bone, don't use boneless/skinless chicken).

Whatever meat you choose, be sure to cook it in some kind of sauce. Otherwise, it'll just taste like crockpot meat. My go-to website for recipes is allrecipes dot com. When you find a recipe that sounds interesting, be sure to read the reviews. They can be extremely helpful.

And WHENEVER possible, make sauces (and everything, really) from scratch. It'll taste 1000x times better than store-bought.

Good luck!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Beef brisket can turn out REALLY good in a crockpot. Pot roast can be done in a crockpot. Once I had good pork chops from a crockpot, but that was just one time - I haven't been able to duplicate it. Meatballs in sauce are easy and have a good rate of success. And you might even be able to do barbecue chicken (with the bone, don't use boneless/skinless chicken).

Whatever meat you choose, be sure to cook it in some kind of sauce. Otherwise, it'll just taste like crockpot meat. My go-to website for recipes is allrecipes dot com. When you find a recipe that sounds interesting, be sure to read the reviews. They can be extremely helpful.

And WHENEVER possible, make sauces (and everything, really) from scratch. It'll taste 1000x times better than store-bought.

Good luck!
    Totally what she said. :D Also, pork would be a good substitute as well, and you're sticking to the same animal. xD
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone off to the store to get some Beef/chicken!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Pork loin roast does well in a crock pot.