If sweets are a problem for you . . .

Options
I was wondering if I could go forty days and forty nights without sweets - I'm not Catholic or Christian and it's not lent, but I like a challenge that sounds biblical.

So, when one of my MFP friend said she would if I would, we decided to make a group and go for it.

It won't be easy with the holidays coming up, but group support (and for me, public shame in failing at something that was my idea) will help.

Join us.

Replies

• GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need a good challenge to help get that junk gone.
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    right before thanksgiving and Christmas? Wow way to go if you have the strength! I don't think I can do it!
  • gsfreeman2
    gsfreeman2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YIKES! That's a challenge especially over the holidays. I could probably be in after Thanksgiving... but I know my sister in law is going to bake her late mother's recipe apple pie and even though I am only going to have a sliver, I am going to eat it.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    You can start after Thanksgiving, or even after the holidays. There's no deadline!
  • floidiotflo
    Options
    It sounds impossible...I want to join this! :D
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am currently in week 3 of my 'sugar' detox. I did did this earlier in the year and was very successful. You can totally do it!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Uh-uh! After Mardi Gras like a normal person, maybe :D:D
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,705 Member
    Options
    Count me in! If I start in, I can't stop. Must. Not. Take. First. Bite.

Forty days, what is that, just after the New Year?
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Uh-uh! After Mardi Gras like a normal person, maybe :D:D

I'll send you an invite. Jump in after Mardi Gras "like a normal person." There is no deadline.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Count me in! If I start in, I can't stop. Must. Not. Take. First. Bite.

Forty days, what is that, just after the New Year?

I'm not particularly aiming for after New Year, I just like "Forty Days and Forty Nights" because it sounds big.

I'm sending you an invitation.
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sweets are not a problem, they are an ADDICTION! Specifically that bowl of M&Ms a few cubicles down; always full. I hear the bowl filling and it isi like Pavlov's dog - I salivate.

I am in. I am clean so far today. The best time to start is NOW.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Sweets are not a problem, they are an ADDICTION! Specifically that bowl of M&Ms a few cubicles down; always full. I hear the bowl filling and it isi like Pavlov's dog - I salivate.

I am in. I am clean so far today. The best time to start is NOW.

I've sent you an invitation. Welcome aboard.