Australians

Options
Hey guys!
So I noticed that there are no real group for us aussies to get together and chat. Everything is in lbs and I only really know kgs lol.
I thought maybe we could motivate each other...share what works for you and what didnt work...weight loss and exercise schedules. And if you live close to one another, maybe there could be exercise groups. Never know what could come of this group...
My goal is to loose 7 kgs before Christmas. What's your goal?

Replies

• MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi Cass.

A lot of my friends on here are Aussies, but this thread is a great idea.

I'm in Perth (Work: West Perth; Live: Subiaco) and am looking to lose another 4 - 5kg, hopefully by the beginning of December. After a great loss a couple of weeks ago I seem to be on a plateau *again* and am trying to figure out how to break it. I'm thinking it's going to involve basically doubling the amount of exercise I do.

Aside from that, I have a goal to complete 2 short-course or sprint distance triathlons this summer, so upping the exercise is going to have to happen anyway if I want to fit in all the training I need to do.
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im aussie and totally agree I have to look up stuff to figure out what ive done
  • lawrahmck
    Options
    I'm an Adelaidian - totally agree I just can't get my head around lbs!

I am in my 12th week of a 12 week challenge at Goodlife Health Clubs. I have lost nearly 9kgs so far & would like to make it an even 10 by the time I weigh in on Saturday!

After that I will have another 10 to go, but I am going on a cruise in 3 weeks so I will be making new goals & plans when I get back from that!!

Feel free to add me too :)
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we all have common goals =D
    I'm hoping this group with motivate me because i haven't been changing what i eat so much but upping the exercise BUT i go swimming alot (because i dont really do gyms lol) but i've been gaining weight. People who i've spoken to about this said it's because i'm gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat) and it will be a good month before i see results. BUT I WANNA SEE RESULTS NOW! lol but i'm hoping this group with motivate me. i'm also taking measurments aswell as my weight...just incase is it muscle that's making me gain weight =S lol
    I live in melbourne btw, 21... been overweight most if not all my life and i'm determined to change it. my motivation is that we have family coming from overseas in february and april and i want jaws to drop! and my 22nd birthday is in april and i wanna have reached my goal by then.
    :)
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Cass,

I'm in Melbourne too :smile: I have found this site great and it really helps my motivation! It was a bit confusing at first and I found it easier to just change to pounds because I kept having to convert from kilos. Now I just convert my weigh ins before I log them as pounds, beside the numbers are always bigger in pounds :bigsmile:
  • cass89
    Options
    oh wow! where abouts in melbourne?
    i actually found this website through my app for my iphone. i think it's fantastic! and it logs not only your weight but measurments too!
    =D
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    Aussie Aussie Aussie :drinker:
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    Hi, I am an Australian too, live in Brisbane, love the idea of having our own thread. Feel free (if you want) to add me as a friend.
    Regards
    Chantelle
  • emma1488
    Options
    If you want to see results ASAP you do really need to change your eating...However, i haven't seen what your current diet is....
    I used to be a gym JUNKIE and would work my *kitten* off most days but wasn't having any success with any weightloss. Then when i got this app (on my iphone too) and started sticking to a calorie limit, the weight just started coming off with minimal exercise...it was GREAT!!!
  • cass89
    Options
    I competely agree with you. i do need to change eating habits. but now that i have people i can talk about it with im sure it will motivate me. I think i have the exercise down pat...now that hard part...food lol!
  • emma1488
    Options
    Damn right!;)

If u stay under ur calories and start losing weight u'll soon get very addicted to losing and no food will be too tempting;)
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Australians!!! I'm excited to find you! I'm from Brisbane. I've switch my scale to pounds and just measure in that.... the numbers are bigger!! When I've lost a few more I'm going to turn it back to kgs to surprise myself. Crazy heh?
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am in Canberra and moving to FNQ soon. I have lost about 7kg using the site and hope to lose 15 more, but I cycle between fast and slow loss so I can ensure I do not lose too much muscle mass.

Love the site! Makes it easy!
  • Amberama
    Amberama Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi hi! I'm an aussie too and have had a hard time finding pals from Australia. Feel free to add me if you want!

Is there a current thread going for aussies or did this one die out?
  • misssparta
    Options
    Hey! Im from Dunsborough WA. The lbs annoy me too. So does having to measure everything in calories instead of kj, which are clearly marked on everything now =<

I need to find a local friend to exercise with. Anyone on here from busselton/dunsborough area?
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hey misssparta.

I'm from Perth, so not much help with the training buddy side of things but feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • Amandaa25
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Brisbane. I just kinda started. On and Off. Can't seem to find the determination although to lose weight is all i want. Sigh. Anyways feel free to add me :)
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Australian from Perth!

I used to have weight loss goals but found them too hard to stick to so changed all my goals to fitness based ones and they pretty much result in weight loss as a by product.

My current goal is to complete the Busselton Ironman triathlon this December.

Anyone is free to add me as a friend, especially anyone from Perth who are looking for training buddies or would like some accountability.
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Australian from Perth!

I used to have weight loss goals but found them too hard to stick to so changed all my goals to fitness based ones and they pretty much result in weight loss as a by product.

My current goal is to complete the Busselton Ironman triathlon this December.

Anyone is free to add me as a friend, especially anyone from Perth who are looking for training buddies or would like some accountability.
  • bks1
    bks1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Aussie from NSW- feel free to add me- the lbs and inches drives me nuts! Lol