Starting Insanity & 30 day Shred on Monday

Options
Hey FitPals! I will be starting a hybrid workout plan of Insanity (mornings) & 30 day Shred (evenings). Feel free to join me so we can encourage each other to BURN Fat!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    That sounds a lot!!
  • perfect140
    perfect140 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I'm Determined! I've got about 60 pounds to lose. I'm hopefully gonna combine it with a healthy low calorie meal plan.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    If you've already completed Insanity a few times i would say definitely do-able, after i did a couple of rounds i was interchanging it with my running.

30DS is a relatively short workout, but generally the Hybrids are a mix of two workouts on interchangeable days (eg google P90X and Insanity Hybrids etc)

Not to put you off though! If you have the time and energy then go for it!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I'm Determined! I've got about 60 pounds to lose. I'm hopefully gonna combine it with a healthy low calorie meal plan.

With all that exercise- you need to make sure you eat enough. Unless you're very fit- I think you're likely to get burnt out/ injured quite quickly. If I was you, I'd do one programme and then the other when you've finished.
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think you are biting off a lot there. Insanity is more intense. If anything....do one video one day, and do the other the next day. The same day seems like a lot. Just my opinion. But i would love to see your results....Stay motivated.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said that sounds like a lot. I'm young, in a healthy weight range, and used to be a cheerleader and I find insanity very taxing on my body. Be careful and listen to your body. The last thing you want is an injury.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Insanity alone is plenty! You're more likely to hurt yourself or get sick when you over train. Any way you could choose one program to finish, then start the next? I'm worried about all of that, plus a low-cal diet :/ You're going to be STARVING if Insanity is like other Beachbody programs I've done...you'll get hurt, get sick, or just chuck it all. Love your body through weight-loss and it'll pay off! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • superspork2
    superspork2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't think that everyone is trying to bring you down, you should dream big! and its great your determined to do that! But that still is a lot.. especially if you haven't done any of them before. BUT if you are insisting on doing it, then try it out, but for the love of all that is good, please make sure you eat enough. Those are both very intense and you need to eat LOTS. So thats my advice, go crazy if you want to, just make sure your giving back to your body
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Whoa. Don't beat yourself up if you decide both is too much. Not sure that you really know what you are getting yourself into. Be careful.