Healthy snacks

Options
Hi all! Can anyone suggest healthy/natural snacks? I want to snack between meals so I'm not so hungry throughout the day and then end up over eating at meal times. :)

Replies

• lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like carrots and hummus.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt!!!!!!!tastes awesome and keeps me full.sometimes I smash up some berries, or banana and put in the yogurt.
  • ladyredeemed4
    ladyredeemed4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat a serving of carrot sticks and 2 servings of green olives. 85 calories. I love the crunchy and the saltiness of the olives.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I snack on pomegranate seeds while driving around for my job. Its like nuts or popcorn-takes a while to eat and you feel like you can eat endlessly, but pomegranates are really great for you-they are extremely high in antioxidants and are believed to remove and reduce plaque formation in the arteriovenous system, thus lowering chance of atherosclerosis.

I have a small market near me that seeds them and packages them in a plastic container. Expensive at $8.99/lb, but so convenient and I'm worth it :wink: Occasionally I'll have a snack-size cheese stick with them. I love Cracker Barrel Jalapeno Cheddar individually wrapped cheese. At 90 cal per, they are pretty substantial and pack a nice punch of heat.
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also make Tzatziki with 0% greek yogurt, with cukes, onion, and dill, and dip celery into it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do a search - lots of ideas!
  • Mittzu
    Mittzu Posts: 37
    Options
    I like to have celery sticks, carrot, cucumber, love crunch.
    rice crackers with hummus
    pop chips
    air popped corn
    almond butter on rice cake
    grape tomato
    cheese sticks
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hummus and carrots...yummy. Greek yogurt...yummy. Apples, bananas, grapes - basically all fruit - beyond delicious (in moderation). Even good foods, too much at once, are not good.
  • cakeykate
    Options
    Like you, I need to nosh or else I feel hungry and deprived - and end up eating more calories... I'm just getting back on MFP but here's what has worked well for me in past.

Morning snack: Apple. I cut it into wedges; makes it seem like more of a treat to me. I love bananas but they have higher calorie count and I think a lot more sugar

Afternoon snack: I have 1/4 cup of Trader Joe's trail mix that is almonds, cashews, and dark chocolate. This is dense with calories but I find it satisfying on many levels. In its favor, nuts are very healthy and this trail mix really helps me bridge between lunch and dinner. If I skip this I want to eat half a bag of chips the second I walk in the door from work.

Hope this helps!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Nuts (I like almonds and brazil nuts)
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    cheese sticks
    fruit
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Bananas, grapes, carrots, sugar snap peas, dates, blueberries.

I see hummus in the comments a lot here. Not all packaged hummus brands are the same. Check the label!!! Some of them are so loaded with oil that the calories are off the charts. A few bites of carrots and hummus and you are already at 100 calories!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Chips and queso!
  • myst036
    myst036 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is awesome! Amazing snack with black berries which are the highest fibre berries you can't go wrong.
  • Kdebarto1
    Kdebarto1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like a chocolate rice cake with a teaspoon of peanut butter!
    Yummy!!!