What Are You Thankful For??!!??!!

Options
As we approach Thanksgiving, I have been reflecting upon what I am thankful for. I started this thread under motivation and support, as many of the things I am thankful for this year, are things that also keep me motivated and are through people who support me!!

My listm which grows every day:

My daughter. She is 29 and right now, following my surgery and complications, is my caregiver.

My grandsons, who keep me going!! Young, energetic and so much fun!!

Our dogs, who love to cuddle and love us unconditionally!!

Despite the fact that I had major surgery, riddled with complications, I am alive!! I have doctors who seem to care!!

This year, maybe our last year, in our house, as due to my surgeries/complications, we will most likely lose our house in 2014.

My Dadm who is 80 and my brother, who, despite the distance, check in with me daily, to let me know they care!!

am blessed!!!

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My wife and kids are healthy, we have a roof over our heads, and I have a job that I enjoy.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Kinda random, but that the girl I finally had to get a restraining order against is leaving me alone!!! Showing up at my house trying to beat me up, harrassing me by text and having other people do that as well, etc etc. It got old, but she's not bothered me for a month and my life is sooo much more peaceful and stress free. :smokin:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for so much! I have a husband who loves and respects me, a job that I am good at in a growing company, a nice plain bungalow with a white picket fence in a safe neighborhood and three dogs that adore me. And, I have my health, and now, since losing so much weight and getting active, a level of fitness that I never dreamed of having before. I could go on and on, but those are the big ones.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Kinda random, but that the girl I finally had to get a restraining order against is leaving me alone!!! Showing up at my house trying to beat me up, harrassing me by text and having other people do that as well, etc etc. It got old, but she's not bothered me for a month and my life is sooo much more peaceful and stress free. :smokin:

Wow, what an awful thing to have gone through and I am so happy for you that things are better!!

Thanks for sharing everyone!! I hope we hear some more!!
  • melismh
    melismh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thankful for truly amazing and supportive Fitness Pals and the fact that I have been able to lose 29 lbs.. I haven't been 178 lbs. for 40 years. I feel more alive than ever...beats looking for the next fix of overeating junk, then sinking into a state oblivion. Thankful to have the choice of healthy food and the ability to exercise.

And of course my family and friends, who without them life would lack meaning.

Looking forward to keeping on track for the up and coming holidays.

Wishing you all the very best!!
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    I am thankful that this year was so wonderful! I went on adventures hiking, camping, snowboarding, going to the beach, etc. I've met a lot of good people along the way. This was a good change after years of dealing with massive depression and suicidal tendencies. I'm a lot happier, a lot more confident, and a lot more hopeful.

The thing I am most thankful for is my supportive boyfriend who has been with me through thick and thin the past two years helping me get my butt in gear. He has been my rock and shield and that is why I will propose to him on Thanksgiving :D
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thankful for truly amazing and supportive Fitness Pals and the fact that I have been able to lose 29 lbs.. I haven't been 178 lbs. for 40 years. I feel more alive than ever...beats looking for the next fix of overeating junk, then sinking into a state oblivion. Thankful to have the choice of healthy food and the ability to exercise.

And of course my family and friends, who without them life would lack meaning.

Looking forward to keeping on track for the up and coming holidays.

Wishing you all the very best!!

I LOVE the way you worded this!!! "Looking for the next fix", so true!!!! You inspire me every day my friend!!!

AsianMonkie, thank you for posting and I am so glad to hear you are in a better place emotionally as well as physically!!! Best oof luck with your proposal!! That is so cool!!!