ONEDERLAND!!

Options
I used to troll this forum daily looking for my motivation fix. Funny enough, my real transformation didn't begin until that behavior stopped. I had to stop constantly looking outwardly to find a spark to change my life. It had to come from within and about 4 months ago, I found it.

I started 2013 around 260 pounds. I decided to give the whole losing weight thing one more shot before throwing in the towel for good. I stuck with it for about 3 months and then spent the next 4 toeing the line of giving up. I mean I had given up on myself every single time before, why not now? I still can't pinpoint why, but I kept inching forward. I was losing weight at a snails pace which is what happens when you give a half assed effort. Then in August, I remembered that I had big huge scary goals that I never went after. Back in 2009, I fell in love with the idea of triathlons and boldly declared that one day, I would do an Ironman. Funny declaration for someone who is 260 lbs at 5'2. But in August, the idea didn't seem so funny anymore. It seemed attainable. I decided to fight for myself. For the girl who had these big scary dreams she was scared to share with the world for fear of judgement. I let go of the fear and self-doubt and started living.

11 months on this journey so far and I can say that I have gained more mentally, than can ever be described by the 61 pounds I've lost. Once my mind changed, my body fell into line. Today I weigh in at 198.9. A number I have never seen as an adult. I have a ways to go, but for the first time, I know I will get there. Including that Ironman =)

So anybody out there trolling these posts for motivation, know this: You have the power to change your life. All it takes is a decision. Let go of everything and allow yourself to be rebuilt. Never give up on yourself and never be scared to ask for help.

Here are some pics, because really, that's what people care about ;)

Before:
photo2_zpsabceaffb.jpg
photo1_zpsc9f9f653.jpg
photo21_zps93dd5c7f.jpg

Before/After:

photo22_zps8f919be3.jpg
photo3_zps15201d75.jpg
photo13_zpsdc2b9eb4.jpg

If anybody has any questions, I would love to answer any and everything.

Replies

• weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!!! I'm so happy you finally found your spark within!!! WTG for motivating yourself and getting under the 200 mark!!! :)
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker: I've got about 30 pounds to go til Onederland.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!!
  • enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations you look awesome :)
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great work! I look forward to reading another success post when you complete your first tri!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Very well done in coming this far.

You are right it takes one thought or aim and then the grit to do it properly day after day, getting back up if you have a bad one. Keep up the good work and you will get there.
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    WOW, your story is inspiring.
    It sounds like me. I normally start, and then 2-3 months in when the weight loss slows down, then I usually start "falling of the wagon".
    However, like you, this time I have decided I am doing this for ME (and my boys). I am doing it for health.

I run 3 times a week (2-5 kms each day) and hope that in the Spring.....no, determined that in the Spring I am going to run a 5km in 35mins or less, or maybe even a 10km.

I started at 258 on Sept 19th and am currently at 238. Down 20lbs, but my clothes feel so much better, and I feel stronger.

thank you for your motiviation and inspiration.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look totally amazing! Great work :)
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is impressive! :D
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • accendo
    accendo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    ONE-derful!
    I'm so glad you caught fire and got serious about the Ironman Triathlon.
    We'll be waiting for the pictures!

Best Wishes!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for One-derland! How much have you lost so far? What's your ultimate goal?
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an inspiration....you look awesome! I needed to see this post today thanks for sharing!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Congratulations DMRN0125!! I am so proud of you for your achieving onederland by changing your mindset and making some awesome goals for yourself, but most of all for not giving up! Your post is very inspiring and filled with much insight and wisdom.

:flowerforyou:
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Congrats...Happy and excited for you!
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! keep it up! You inspired me because your story sounds like mine, it's so easy to give up, like I have done myself 1000s of times! Also, we are practically neighbors... I live close to Gainesville ") about 45 minutes away...Seeing the gators shirts you must live close by me somewhere. Good luck, I can't wait to see onederland
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. You inspire me. Beautiful...:flowerforyou:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    great work keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!