Hunger

Options
Why does boredom disguise itself as hunger in me? And how do I really know the difference?

Replies

• NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water. See how you feel. If you're still hungry, think about what you want to eat: If it's Cheetos, you know it's not hunger. If it's a meal that makes sense, will fuel your body, you're hungry.

I've noticed when it's anything besides real hunger, I don't have the physical signs of hunger. Only my brain is thinking about food...typically JUNK food.

Emotional eating is tough. Just try to be aware of what's really going on. It'll help at least MOST of the time :)
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Really great advice NaturalinCO! Water has saved me from many a boredom-induced-binge-fest :)
    Another option is to take a walk/run or hit the gym if you're free. I find that takes away my urge to mindlessly eat.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I read an article once where the guy asked himself if he was hungry enough to eat broccoli. If yes, then he was hungry, otherwise he was bored.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I read an article once where the guy asked himself if he was hungry enough to eat broccoli. If yes, then he was hungry, otherwise he was bored.

Like this one.