How do you create a database for foods typically eaten

Options
I just started and had some time to set up my foods but I don't understand wha tI need to do. I will not have time to look these up so I would like to have set ones ready to go.

Replies

• gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You have to look things up the first while but as soon as you start logging MFP will start building a list of your most recent and most frequent choices automatically.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    As you start entering the foods the system will remember you r most used foods. It builds really quickly on it's own. I input recipes I use so I can keep better track. You can also use quick tools to remember meals, and copy them.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    You could pre-log the foods now while you have time -- maybe add them to a date a week out, then they'll be in your MFP "recent" and "frequent" categories (or "my foods" if you have to create new database entries yourself) when you start adding them in the next couple of days. Then, when you get to the point where you pre-logged them, you can delete them if you're not actually eating them that day. If there are some pre-logged foods you haven't actually used by the time you get to the point where you pre-logged, but you still want to keep them in your recent and frequent categories, just "copy to" another date a week or so out before deleting them on the original pre-logged date. (I hope that's clear.)
  • BUZZIEST
    BUZZIEST Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since most of the foods in the database are member submitted, I find that most of the food brands that I eat, even if I think they won't be there, actually are there. I've had to enter very few of my own foods.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Since most of the foods in the database are member submitted, I find that most of the food brands that I eat, even if I think they won't be there, actually are there. I've had to enter very few of my own foods.

Yes, but do you do need to be careful, because some of the member-submitted entries are wrong, and others are incomplete (they may not include any info beyond calories, so if you track other macro- and micro-nutrients, that information will be missing for those entries).