Is subway and chipotle healthy??

Options
are they considered clean?

Replies

• BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on what it is that you order?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Subway definitely not...................Chipotle, possibly some of their menu items might pass for clean.

If you are getting into "clean" eating, then you don't want to eat out much and if you do go for steak, grilled chicken and steamed vegetables.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    There are no two people who will agree on one definition of 'clean'. Ask yourself instead if what you are ordering is healthy for your personal goals. I eat Subway two or three days a week. In fact, I'm going there today for lunch and supper because I'm stuck at work and too lazy to bother packing a lunch. However, I prelogged everything already, included a protein shake, a yogurt, some fruit and a treat, so I know that I am meeting my macro, micro and fiber goals for the day. And, of course, I am still having a moderate calorie deficit for weight loss.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    And "healthy" and "clean" are two different things.
  • here2inspire
    Options
    There are no two people who will agree on one definition of 'clean'. Ask yourself instead if what you are ordering is healthy for your personal goals. I eat Subway two or three days a week. In fact, I'm going there today for lunch and supper because I'm stuck at work and too lazy to bother packing a lunch. However, I prelogged everything already, included a protein shake, a yogurt, some fruit and a treat, so I know that I am meeting my macro, micro and fiber goals for the day. And, of course, I am still having a moderate calorie deficit for weight loss.

thats what i do too!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

thats what i do too!!!
    That's half the battle. Make a plan and stick to it. :flowerforyou:
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, black beans, chicken, steak, veggies, salsa, corn, cheese. Clean enough for me, but high in sodium.
  • fat2fit72014
    Options
    I love Chipotle. Its my "cheat meal"...no joke when I lose 5 lbs I let myself get Chipotle.

I get a chicken bowl, brown rice, veggies, tomato salsa, light cheese and lettuce. I think their site calculated it at 495 calories for the entire bowl.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    No!!!!!!!!! :glasses:
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    as healthy as the person ordering them lol

it depends on what you get, how much you eat, etc.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Define "healthy"... and "clean."

Does it fit your calories and macros, and help provide you with the nutrients you need? If so, go for it. Don't over-complicate it.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Subway is downright nasty. Their veggies are always old and soggy anyway. Read the ingredient list on their bread someday; it's more then just flour, water, yeast and such, It's far from clean.

Chipotle is a little better, but still not the same as cooking a meal at home.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    are they considered clean?

They would not be 'clean' under most definitions of that term. How do you define "healthy"?

Processed meats are generally not considered healthy by nutrition standards, and most meals at these places are going to be high in sodium.