Dissapointment!!

Options
I weighed myself on my wii fit when I started MFP and it said I was just over 9 and a half stone. Weirdly it went up to almost 10 stone the next week and I knew I'd been pretty careful!
I bought myself some proper bathroom weighing scales and unfortunately I am 10 stone :(
It's a bit of a blow knowing I am heavier than I thought but at least now I know exactly what my weight is and can now get on the right track to fixing it

Replies

• curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Don't fret! If you have been exercising and watching your diet, the pounds will come off. Especially if you just have ten pounds to lose, it might come off a little slower. Did you weigh the same time of day in the same amount of clothing? Just weighing in the afternoon instead of the morning can add a couple pounds. I weigh on my wii fit sometimes, but I take it with a grain of salt. I trust the plain ole scale a lot more. Keep it up, it will come off.
  • nicjane113
    Options
    Yea I weigh when I get up in the morning. I'm glad I bought the bathroom scales so that it's more accurate. No point thinking I'm lighter than I am even if it felt good!
    Gonna start doing a 10 minute workout every morning before work and hopefully by Christmas I'll be well on my way to where I want to be
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Weight yourself the same time each morning on an empty stomach using the same scale for a more accurate reading. Salt retains water during the course of the day your weight will vary due to water retention.
  • maritajane
    Options
    It's very brave to face up to this disappointment! In the past I have not weighed myself because I couldn't accept the weight.

I have just been away for the weekend and know I overate and drank. So I have regained some of the weight that I took off with such difficulty! But all I can do face up to the truth and start again. Here goes ...
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I too gained weight the first two weeks! Think my body was just trying to adjust to new activity! Am loosing inches, and slowly pounds now. Just keep going!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm not an expert but i olny have 10-15 lbs to lose , and looking at your diary i don't think you are eating enough 1200 is basic for a small sedentary women.

I eat 1500 i'm 5' 4 154lbs , 49 and i'm loosing weight slowly , i'm told the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to lose. i found if i stuck to 1200 i would lose weight , but the minute i eat slightly over i put it on ! so i upped my calories and as i said am loosing slowly!

when i exersise i try to eat at least half the calories back. ( 3 times a week)

Good luck!