10 lbs by Christmas

Options
Hey all! I am aiming for 10lbs by Christmas.. it's a bit of a long shot but I don't want an easy goal.
Anyone want to join me on this journey?

Replies

• cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm down!!! I will give it my BEST effort but losing pounds haven't been my strong suit...losing inches has :grumble: ! But add me! We can totes give it our best go at it!
  • CharlesLadd
    Options
    10 pounds in 30 days, that's 35,000 calories of fat burning, about 1,170 calories a day. You should consume a net of about 1,200 calories a day (female), I am told, From your picture I would say you don't have that much to lose, so that's a lot, an awful lot of exercise to make up that difference. I would suggest that you set a more reasonable (attainable) goal, maybe 5 pounds in 5 weeks, which might be doable and still a bit of a challenge. 10 pounds in so short a time, any time of the year but especially when there are so many temptations during the holidays, is a recipe for failure, IMHO, for what it's worth.
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would like to join- but with a goal of 5 pounds. Are you starting a group or just check in here?

Thanks and good luck!!
  • TiarraJ926
    Options
    I would like to join as well but I am aiming for 5 pounds!!!!:smile:
  • kristibusque
    kristibusque Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would like to join- but with a goal of 5 pounds. Are you starting a group or just check in here?

Thanks and good luck!!

A group is a great idea actually!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17756-5-10-lbs-by-christmas
  • kristibusque
    Options
    10 pounds in 30 days, that's 35,000 calories of fat burning, about 1,170 calories a day. You should consume a net of about 1,200 calories a day (female), I am told, From your picture I would say you don't have that much to lose, so that's a lot, an awful lot of exercise to make up that difference. I would suggest that you set a more reasonable (attainable) goal, maybe 5 pounds in 5 weeks, which might be doable and still a bit of a challenge. 10 pounds in so short a time, any time of the year but especially when there are so many temptations during the holidays, is a recipe for failure, IMHO, for what it's worth.

Pictures are very very very deceiving. (sadly) My own personal goal weight would be to lose another 10-20 total. According to Weight Watchers to be a healthy weight for my height/age would be 20-30lbs to go.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Pictures are very very very deceiving. (sadly) My own personal goal weight would be to lose another 10-20 total. According to Weight Watchers to be a healthy weight for my height/age would be 20-30lbs to go.

20-30 lbs is still not a large amount to lose. 2 lb a week loss isn't recommended, or often possible, for people with less than 50 lbs to lose.

If you're into a "difficult goal," instead of one that could potentially harm your body to achieve, aim for something that can help you get to that body? Perhaps aim to run longer, faster, lift more weights, or even just have a goal to keep at a calorie average throughout the week until Christmas?

And for the person grumbling about only losing inches and not # on the scale... losing inches is what it's all about, isn't it? Why be upset that a number on the scale isn't matching what you want all while losing body fat % and fitting into clothing better?
  • kristibusque
    Options

20-30 lbs is still not a large amount to lose. 2 lb a week loss isn't recommended, or often possible, for people with less than 50 lbs to lose.

If you're into a "difficult goal," instead of one that could potentially harm your body to achieve, aim for something that can help you get to that body? Perhaps aim to run longer, faster, lift more weights, or even just have a goal to keep at a calorie average throughout the week until Christmas?

And for the person grumbling about only losing inches and not # on the scale... losing inches is what it's all about, isn't it? Why be upset that a number on the scale isn't matching what you want all while losing body fat % and fitting into clothing better?

Not really aiming for a difficult goal. lol I just meant that if I aim high, it will give me incentive to stay committed. :)
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    10 lbs. by Christmas? You can DO IT! If you want it BAD enough and are willing to do what you NEED TO DO, you can reach that goal!! I have the same goal, though I started about 3 weeks ago. I am halfway there! LEt's do this TOGETHER!!
  • kristibusque
    Options
    10 lbs. by Christmas? You can DO IT! If you want it BAD enough and are willing to do what you NEED TO DO, you can reach that goal!! I have the same goal, though I started about 3 weeks ago. I am halfway there! LEt's do this TOGETHER!!

Love it! THANKS! Join our group!! :) Seems like you bring a lot of positivity!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Better late then NEVER !!! I am in :)
  • rubysodia
    Options
    Im I'm too
    8- 10 pounds :)
  • naesha_shuichi
    Options
    me! cheers in advance :flowerforyou:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best of luck, but I'd sure like to see you check in next year at this time. This focus on fast weight loss, along with setting unrealistic goals is possibly going to backfire. If you notice, the people on MFP who have been the most successful over the long haul are the ones who made moderate, sustainable changes over a long period of time.
  • naesha_shuichi
    Options
    35lbs lost..wow ...inspiring.. i need to loose 42lbs to get back to normal . or 50 to be ideal :)
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I joined here nearly two weeks ago now with this goal in mind as my first mini goal! So far I am down 4 pounds! I am in and it is all or nothing.....Good luck to all!! "Don't quit, do it!!"
  • Julie200819
    Options
    I would like to Joined
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Positivity is the name of the game! There's no WAY we can accomplish what we are trying to accomplish being negative! I am a stron believer that your STATE OF MIND = STATE OF BEING! So I aim to keep a premier mindset at all times! I want others to do the same.

What's the group?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Positivity is the name of the game! There's no WAY we can accomplish what we are trying to accomplish being negative! I am a stron believer that your STATE OF MIND = STATE OF BEING! So I aim to keep a premier mindset at all times! I want others to do the same.

What's the group?

Sigh.