Adderall and Binge Eating?

Options
I'm 5'0, 95 pounds, and 21 years old.
I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy a year ago and have since been taking Adderall. It works wonderfully except for one thing, it's a HUGE appetite suppressant, so much so that I can barely even tolerate drinking water. On the days that I take it I can barely make myself eating 600 calories without vomiting. However, on the days on which I DON'T take it, I binge. I am seriously so hungry I can't stop eating for the entire day. Any opinions on how to stop this?

Replies

• Scarscub
    Scarscub Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on Adderall, but for a while I did take Wellbutrin, which also causes appetite suppression. At first I found it hard to eat: similar to you, I felt nauseated. I combated this by gradually increasing calories over a week or two, allowing my stomach to acclimate. The nausea went away as long as I didn't binge.

I, however, had to take the Wellbutrin every day. If daily medication isn't necessary for you, you may want to try the gradual calorie increase anyway. The trick would be not to binge on off days. I hope this advice is a start!