Feeling happy and don't want to lose more weight

Options
Well, I've successfully lost all the weight I want to lose on My Fitness Pal. I originally wanted to lose 3.8 more pounds than I weigh now, but now that I'm here I feel fabulous and really don't want to lose another pound. I've lost about 25 1/2 pounds since July 29th.

Yes I have some bumps, wrinkles and sags. Who cares? I feel so much better it is ridiculous! I choose to focus on good things about my lost weight. I've gone from size 12 to a comfortable size 4. My blood pressure is down. I've reduced my risk for heart attack, stroke, cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, sleep apnea, etc. My clothes look so much better! My energy levels have increased phenomenally, and I sleep like a dream. I love being binge free. My fitness level is great, I love having the energy to walk 4-5 miles.

Tell me what you like about your thinner fabulous self. What did you like the most when you first lost weight and what do like now that you've kept it off for awhile. :happy:

Replies

• rosemary98
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a lot of weight lost since August. It is wonderful that you can see and appreciate what your journey has done for your quality of life.

I am not yet there, but I do enjoy a flatter stomach and being able to wear jeans without a muffin top (except during TOM--all bets are off). I am happy that I made the decision to incorporate exercise into my weight loss goal. looking forward to taking classes at my gym (still working up to that).
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Haha I needed this--I've been feeling crappy about myself b/c my jeans are feeling more snug despite not gaining any weight. I blame the dryer. Or sodium. Or winter. So there.

Personally I love knowing my own size--when I was overweight I was, to some degree, in denial. I never wanted to tell anyone my size, and for years I insisted that my size 16 butt would fit in a 12. Now I'm perfectly happy to say I'm a size 4-6 (depending on the brand), and shopping has never been more fun. :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I love - everything basically. Love taking off my coat in the morning and feeling slim. Love having my husband look at me. Love that my students think I'm 'cool' now, even though I am doing the same thing I did for the last 20 years. Love that I look in the mirror and see the person I remember being. Love feeling my shoulder blades.

Wish I'd done this 15 years ago.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Exactly! So positive! Thank-you so much for responding, I am so glad there are three other positive maintainers out there. Shopping, no muffin top, feeling attractive again- DIVINE!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I truly hope to be able to think the same way someday soon!!! Way to go!!!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like how my clothes look, and I like being able to exert energy without feeling awful soon after.
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread, sometimes it's hard to step back and focus on all the successes rather than the flaws that we all have.

When I first started, I loved being able to rush to class or work without being out of breath. I suddenly could run up a couple flights of stairs and have my breath back in no time instead of feeling sweaty for the first 15 minutes of class.
    Now I love going clothes shopping! It's awesome that most things look pretty good on me and I can nitpick, only buying things that are really flattering, instead of settling for something that is just ok.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well this is awesome, congrats -- You made it! :drinker:

I have not yet reached my ultimate goal but I definitely can see and feel the change. One of the biggest things is that I'm not tired as much anymore. I used to sleep a full 8 hours and then need an afternoon nap just to continue on with my day. I was also having an energy drink a week, which is super bad for you! I donated a bunch of clothes recently that just became way too big.. and other people notice. Actually, everyone noticed. Every day. Also, I can squat lower!! :blushing:
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think I have reached my goal but unsure. I haven't stepped on the scale since 11/1 because I am trying to learn to love my body without seeing the number. At that point I was at 131.4 and when I started my journey back in April I was at my heaviest 163. I have felt so much better this past month physically and emotionally. I think I will start maintaining whatever weight I am at when I step on the scale again 12/1 and start working on toning my upper body. Getting ready for a wedding next October so want to look and feel my best. Whatever the number might be :smile:
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying being me:-) I like the new found strength that I have both inner and outer....and I like that I can say no when I am full:-) I felt so "dumpy" before and now I feel realize that it was self imposed......and to LIKE working out...never knew how true those words could be until there are days that I can't! :flowerforyou:
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think I have reached my goal but unsure. I haven't stepped on the scale since 11/1 because I am trying to learn to love my body without seeing the number. At that point I was at 131.4 and when I started my journey back in April I was at my heaviest 163. I have felt so much better this past month physically and emotionally. I think I will start maintaining whatever weight I am at when I step on the scale again 12/1 and start working on toning my upper body. Getting ready for a wedding next October so want to look and feel my best. Whatever the number might be :smile:

Go you, I love this. I too, am controlled a bit by the scale - so I've tried to cut it out and rely on how my body feels and stop obsessing over "125" and realized I came from 175ish instead.

Anyway!

I love feeling my shoulder blades, and the bones in my arms (not to look sickly, just to see shape), and I love not feeling "tight" in my own skin, if that makes sense. I like feeling lighter and not always (guilty of it at times) wondering what I'm going to eat after I'm done eating what's in my mouth..

Congratulations to you! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    I love all these positive thoughts and experiences, thank-you!! Also, thank-you so much for the congratulations, it means a lot to me.

I simply can't focus on the negative, I believe it was negative self-criticism that got me overeating in the first place. Choosing not to do that anymore is part of my plan to permanently keep the weight off. I use to be a real perfectionist when I would successfully get weight off and I also let other people's criticisms drive me into an insatiable desire for perfection. Now I choose to believe I look great exactly as I am, and that things are exactly as they are suppose to be.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it!
  • Cairine63
    Cairine63 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love the way it feels around my mid section - no more "love handles" and a flatter stomach. I love that stuff doesn't jiggle when I run. I love the definition that I now have! But I am still aiming for maybe another 3 lb loss. But really, I am very happy where I am now!
  • Leanchicka
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your effort.It\s not an easy thing to do. There is always a joyous feeling when you lose some considerable weight,make sure you don't get it back on.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of getting "too skinny", so I'm only going to lose a couple more lbs before I start maintenance (since the scale fluctuates). I want curves and love my muscles, so I am pretty happy right now too. So glad that you have accomplished so much! Superb JOB!